cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA Memory detect issue.

ssstrong
Level 8
Hello, i have current build of

12700KF
Rog Maximus Z690 FORMULA
RTX 2070 SUPER
850 WATT PSU MSI GOLD
ADATA 4800 DDR5 16 GB X 2 inserted in A2/B2 slot

I have this build for 8 months without any issues.

Things started one week ago during play VIDEO game, the screen freezed and restated without any blue screen. After couple of days same thing happen during game but this time i could not get the computer to boot. It was showing me error "Memory detect" in the mother board small screen.

I get it to boot up again by changing ram slots to A1/B1, now working fine even during gaming, no crash no freeze but the speed is 4000 not 4800 as it was before.

I changed it back to original slot. Sometime it doesnt boot up and showing memory detect error. Sometime it boot up but would freeze and restart during playing video game or any demanding tasks.

Now if i put single ram in A2 slot it show me memry detect error, single ram in B2 slot work fine but also the speed is 4000 not 4800.

Could it be the A2 got defective ? Or the ram defective because of higher speed of that slot ?

Thanks

------------------------

Edit: found solution.

I tried to loose the mounting pressure and it worked fine for couple of days then get memory detect again.

so last thing i tried i get the Thermalright Intel 12th/13th Generation LGA1700 Anti-Bending Buckle, things are working fine for one month, i get Gskill 6600 16GB X 2 and so far no issue.

I hope this would help anyone getting the same issue.
22 REPLIES 22

ssstrong
Level 8
Hello

found solution.

I tried to loose the mounting pressure and it worked fine for couple of hours then get memory detect again.

so last thing i tried, i got the Thermalright Intel 12th/13th Generation LGA1700 Anti-Bending Buckle, things are working fine for one month with Gskill 6600 16GB X 2 and so far no issue.

ssstrong wrote:
Hello

found solution.

I tried to loose the mounting pressure and it worked fine for couple of hours then get memory detect again.

so last thing i tried, i got the Thermalright Intel 12th/13th Generation LGA1700 Anti-Bending Buckle, things are working fine for one month with Gskill 6600 16GB X 2 and so far no issue.

i may look into one of those buckles had a thew issues with my tridentZ5 6000mhz memory, not a expensive mod so may give it a go.

JohnAb
Level 17
Just to say, really pleased that you found the solution. I didn't contribute as I wasn't sure what was going on, but I've been following the thread and that's really good news. Also good that you provided the update. As you say, this sort of information can be really helpful to others. Good job ssstrong 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.