cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME + DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz UNSTABLE XMP

Ily3ss59
Level 7
MOTHERBOARD : ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME (BIOS V2103)
CPU : i9 12900k
DRAM : G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 Go (2 x 32 Go) DDR5 6000 MHz CL30 (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5RK)

Hello everyone I got my new RAM and the problem is when I activate the XMP windows freeze after a few minutes I tried the XMP 1 AND 2 I need help thank you 😮
13 REPLIES 13

buyukbang wrote:
I completely aggree with u 😞 But I think you should be sure if your memory kit is working, that's why i suggest you trying to make it work at lower speeds. If it still fails, memory kit can be defective. If not, it will be Asus mainboard's fault at the end since this is a QVL kit which says this kit is tested at 6000Mhz on this board.

Ok thank you for your answer how do I test at lower speed? do you have a tutorial or something? 😮

EDIT : Sorry I just noticed that I was not in BIOS version 2103 but on BIOS BETA version 2203 I just went back to version 2103 I activated XMP 1 I'll come back to you if that solved the problem thank you for your feedback.

Ily3ss59 wrote:
Ok thank you for your answer how do I test at lower speed? do you have a tutorial or something? 😮

EDIT : Sorry I just noticed that I was not in BIOS version 2103 but on BIOS BETA version 2203 I just went back to version 2103 I activated XMP 1 I'll come back to you if that solved the problem thank you for your feedback.

I think you should thank to Simon, since he gave that useful input. I'm also waiting to your result, good luck!

Nate152
Hi lly3ss59,

Let us know if your ram is stable after the bios update.

If it's not stable after the bios update, 64GB 6000MHz cl30 might need some voltage tuning.

These five voltages can help with memory stability.

Dram VDD
Dram VDDQ
CPU System Agent
IVR Transmitter VDDQ
Memory Controller

Your memory is rated at 1.40v so X.M.P. should be setting

Dram VDD: 1.40v
Dram VDDQ: 1.40v

In the bios on the extreme tweaker page, try raising these voltages..

CPU System Agent voltage: 1.20v - 1.25v (up to 1.35v if needed)

At the bottom of the extreme tweaker page you should see Advanced Memory voltages.

IVR Transmitter VDDQ: 1.40v
Memory Controller: 1.20v - 1.25v (up to 1.35v if needed)

At the top of the Dram Timing Control Page select Maximus Tweak Mode 2, this also helps with memory overclocking.

mfhawkey
Level 7

The first batch I ordered from Gskill acted d.o.a then I updated bios to the newest asus bios on my Z690 ROG maximus extreme and it shot up to 6000mhz like a pro. Asus has a habit of shipping their motherboards with the oldest bios known to man. check that if you haven't. DDR5  from most of the different manufacturers can show up DOA quite often. Its getting better though. Still running my GSkill ram at 6000MHz and it was stable up to 6400MHZ as my 13 gen processor was pumping out 6.2gighz. I did bring it back down to 5.6GHz and the ram back down to 6000mhz quiet and smooth.