Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Maximus Extreme RAM and Micproblems

Cadencia
Level 7
Hey there,

hopefully i can get some help here.

I got an Asus Rog Maximus Extreme, Gskill DDR5-6000 (F5-6000U3636E16G) RAM, i9 12900k and an EVGA RTX 3080 TI.
- The RAM does not work @6000 MHz. Neither XMP1 or XMP2 are working without errors
- My Microphone got static noise. Even if its not connected. I tested it with Discord, Teamspeak, Teams and Skype. As soon as i use the onboard mic, i got static noise. Even if i unplug the Microphone, the static noise is still there. Also the volume of the Microphone always starts low and get higher by the time.
If i use the noise canceling from the software or from the asus software on the highest setting, the noise is gone, but i sound terrible.
When i lower the Micvolume to 30 %, the noise is also gone, but iam not hearable.
If i use an external soundcard, everything works fine.
- My Wifi connection drops right after booting the PC. After a short while it reconnects and then drops again. Then i have to manually reconnect
- Sometimes my USB-Ports are resetting and i can't use them for some seconds

I got the newest BIOS (i tested all BIOS that where released. I always got errors on XMP1 or XMP2, sometimes i got more errors, sometimes less, depending on the BIOS).
I tested Windows 10 and Windows 11
I tested all available drivers including the newest one
I even tested another Microphone (even its stupid, because the internal soundcard is making the noise)
I sent it to an RMA with an detailed error description and the only answer i got was, that the boards works within specs. So i got a high end mainboard, that can't handle my RAM, and the Microphone slot also doesn't work fine, but thats within specs.

Does anyone have a tip for me, how i could get this board working or how to get the ASUS support, to get me some working Hardware? I can't even talk about it directly with the ASUS support, because i bought the board via reseller.

Best regards
3 REPLIES 3

AwenMilano
Level 10
Cadencia wrote:
Hey there,

hopefully i can get some help here.

I got an Asus Rog Maximus Extreme, Gskill DDR5-6000 (F5-6000U3636E16G) RAM, i9 12900k and an EVGA RTX 3080 TI.
- The RAM does not work @6000 MHz. Neither XMP1 or XMP2 are working without errors
- My Microphone got static noise. Even if its not connected. I tested it with Discord, Teamspeak, Teams and Skype. As soon as i use the onboard mic, i got static noise. Even if i unplug the Microphone, the static noise is still there. Also the volume of the Microphone always starts low and get higher by the time.
If i use the noise canceling from the software or from the asus software on the highest setting, the noise is gone, but i sound terrible.
When i lower the Micvolume to 30 %, the noise is also gone, but iam not hearable.
If i use an external soundcard, everything works fine.
- My Wifi connection drops right after booting the PC. After a short while it reconnects and then drops again. Then i have to manually reconnect
- Sometimes my USB-Ports are resetting and i can't use them for some seconds

I got the newest BIOS (i tested all BIOS that where released. I always got errors on XMP1 or XMP2, sometimes i got more errors, sometimes less, depending on the BIOS).
I tested Windows 10 and Windows 11
I tested all available drivers including the newest one
I even tested another Microphone (even its stupid, because the internal soundcard is making the noise)
I sent it to an RMA with an detailed error description and the only answer i got was, that the boards works within specs. So i got a high end mainboard, that can't handle my RAM, and the Microphone slot also doesn't work fine, but thats within specs.

Does anyone have a tip for me, how i could get this board working or how to get the ASUS support, to get me some working Hardware? I can't even talk about it directly with the ASUS support, because i bought the board via reseller.

Best regards

hello i have same problem with you, i use z690 hero and g.skill (F5-6000U3636E16G)
at first i think the ram deffect so i rma ram and they send me (F5-6000J3636F16G) for the change also same issue xmp 1 and 2 gaming crash, and random bsod
xmp 2 is more unstable than xmp1, coz xmp 2 only give mem controller 1,1v
try increase voltage manually is make it more better, but still not stable
now i run xmp 1 but lowering the frequency to 5600, it seems stable.

but still curious why our board cant run at 6000?
idk what the real problem is, maybe bios, maybe board defect, or maybe cpu have weak imc
thinking to rma the board, but not sure about that.
what i sure is not your ram fault, coz i rma ram two times, and problem still same.

Undertoker
Level 9
I had the same with the hero board and g.skill memory 6000 cl40
It just wasn’t stable - this is really annoying as it it crap bios updates and not the memory I’d wager
Asus are really letting themselves down on this gen*
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

Undertoker wrote:
I had the same with the hero board and g.skill memory 6000 cl40
It just wasn’t stable - this is really annoying as it it crap bios updates and not the memory I’d wager
Asus are really letting themselves down on this gen*

Did you get it stable (high memory speed) by switching to Corsair RAM?
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling