cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Mount (upside down) ROG Maximus Z790

Toxicman
Level 8

Have recently completed a nice build using the Maximus Z790 Forumla in white.  Installed into a Lian Li EVO RGB case in reverse mode.  This case confuguration ends up with the MB inverse mounted.  As a result, the Asus display panel on the MB is upside down and I've been searching high and low for a way to invert it.  Would seem like a simple software solution somewhere in the ASUS AI Suite, or elsewhere, but no love!  Anyone here know if this is possible and if so, please share how.

Much appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 084035.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Braegnok
Level 14

There is a setting in Armory Crate to invert the display, I used it on Extreme motherboard years ago. 👍

View solution in original post

Toxicman
Level 8

Wow. I had to go spelunking through armory crate again and you are correct!  There is a setting in a small gear icon on one of the MB tabs.  Thank you Braegnok.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JohnAb
Level 17

Sorry, I don't know of a way to reverse that display, but it would seem to be possible (in theory). I was just thinking though, there is a risk of trapped air getting into the water pump as it will be higher than the radiator. Just something to be aware of in the longer term...

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

No issues at all with an AIO, we just have to install according to best practices, doesn't matter that the MB is inverted.

Here's a pic for instance.  You'll note that my AIO radiator (weather top mounted or side mounted like mine) is higher than the pump, so any air in the system will rise to the highest point.  In my case, if there is air, it goes up the radiator to the top and nowhere near the circulatory system... 

Also, for the builders here, you'll probably ask why I didn't mount at the top of the case.  This is easy, my GPU is inverted as well for obvious reasons, so the fans on the GPU are facing up.  I put reverse fans at the top of the case that pull fresh cool air into the case and push it right into the fans on the GPU!  LOVE IT!!!  

I'm also pulling fresh cool air from the bottom of the case too, and it all vents out the side (and rear, that fan is on order).

Here's a pic.

IMG_0931.jpg

I can see that now and agreed. I couldn't really see what was going on from the first image. Yes, air goes to the highest point, indeed it does, well done.   

I've got an idea for you though. If you turn the case upside down, then your motherboard display will be the right way up. So your case will be upside down instead of the motherboard. Cunning plan eh? 😄 And you still get the bonus of having something upside down with the air flow going in a better direction. Genius and everyone's a winner. 

I'm only playing with you, enjoy your shiny new machine. It looks great. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Braegnok
Level 14

There is a setting in Armory Crate to invert the display, I used it on Extreme motherboard years ago. 👍

Toxicman
Level 8

Wow. I had to go spelunking through armory crate again and you are correct!  There is a setting in a small gear icon on one of the MB tabs.  Thank you Braegnok.