cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Verify Maximus Z790 Hero Wi-Fi card version?

Saltgrass
Level 13
I am wondering, due to discrepancies in specs. between ASUS and online resellers, if the Wi-Fi card is an Intel AX211?

The ASUS specs. show the Bluetooth version as 5.3, but with footnotes making the actual configuration uncertain without knowing what version the Wi-Fi card is.

Thanks for reading.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
9 REPLIES 9

MovedPermanentl
Level 9
Saltgrass wrote:
if the Wi-Fi card is an Intel AX211?

It identifies itself in Windows as "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz", so yes.. it's an AX211. Ethernet is I226-V.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You will always have the model of your wireless card displayed at the end of your motherboard manual.

In your case it's an Intel AX211 :

Saltgrass
Level 13
Thanks for the response, but a couple of things.

I do not yet have a motherboard manual, but I do see the downloaded one shows the AX211.

The AX211 shows Bluetooth 5.3 on the Intel site. The Dell Specs for the board show Bluetooth 5.3. But from your attachment, at the top right, it is showing Bluetooth 5.2. :confused:

Maybe the only way to know for sure is to have the board and check the actual install, which I do not yet have. But it does show it is a CNVI system so the AX411 card I have, should also work.

Thanks again.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:

Maybe the only way to know for sure is to have the board and check the actual install

I have the Board. The Bluetooth driver reports as "LMP 12.12673" which is Bluetooth 5.3 according to this site:

https://www.sordum.org/10772/bluetooth-version-finder-v1-3/

@MoKiChU, I have seen several newer models of Dell laptops that show as Wi-Fi 6e capable, but the users cannot get it to work. Dell has verified, on at least one system, that 6e is not available. So, folks that purchase what appears to be a fully capable Wi-Fi 6e system, are a little unhappy when the system was purchased specifically for that capability.

Thanks for checking.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
But from your attachment, at the top right, it is showing Bluetooth 5.2. :confused:

Saltgrass wrote:
@MoKiChU, I have seen several newer models of Dell laptops that show as Wi-Fi 6e capable, but the users cannot get it to work. Dell has verified, on at least one system, that 6e is not available. So, folks that purchase what appears to be a fully capable Wi-Fi 6e system, are a little unhappy when the system was purchased specifically for that capability.

Thanks for checking.

Intel AX210/AX211/AX411 are all BT 5.2 / BT 5.3 ready : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/wireless/wi-fi-6e-series/products.html

In order to be able to be compliant with BT 5.3, you must use drivers newer than v22.140.x.x :

Intel Bluetooth Drivers v22.140.0 Changelog wrote:
The following changes and fixes are implemented with this version of the Bluetooth driver:

The following devices will now be compliant with Bluetooth 5.3 technology after installing this driver:

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210
Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211
Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX411

Saltgrass wrote:
Thanks for the response, but a couple of things.

I do not yet have a motherboard manual, but I do see the downloaded one shows the AX211.

The AX211 shows Bluetooth 5.3 on the Intel site. The Dell Specs for the board show Bluetooth 5.3. But from your attachment, at the top right, it is showing Bluetooth 5.2. :confused:

Maybe the only way to know for sure is to have the board and check the actual install, which I do not yet have. But it does show it is a CNVI system so the AX411 card I have, should also work.

Thanks again.

This is an mistake, Intel AX211 is BT 5.3 : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204837/intel-wifi-6e-ax211-gig/specifications.h...

Saltgrass
Level 13
@MovedPermanently

Thanks, I will probably go ahead and get the board. I thought I remembered somewhere in the Device Manager it showed which version of Bluetooth, but I can't find it right now.

Since you brought up that number, I think I remember the LMP number does verify a Bluetooth version. I have an AX210 card on one system and it shows the LMP 12.xxxxx and an AX201 on another system and it is showing LMP 11.xxxxxx.

I do have a Bluetooth 5.3 headset already and may end up with an iPhone 14 which also has Bluetooth 5.3. There may not be any new technology that uses the 5.3 capabilities yet, but something may come along in the next year.

Thanks for verifying..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
@MoKiChU Thanks for that regarding the drivers. I am currently running the 22.170.x.x version and I noticed Intel, in the Insider program, has been jumping around and changing from 22.150..x.x then up to 22.170.x.x then back to 22.140.x.x for some reason.

I know what the 5.2 and 5.3 Bluetooth upgrades are supposed to do, but it may be hard to tell if it makes any difference unless you know what difference to look for. I am hoping some of these improvements will be related to spatial audio, in some form.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200