cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Sonic

Drayco31
Level 11
After searching the first time I managed to uninstall Sonic Suite companion app. Had issues and had to start again. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

Windows store = useless. Not listed as an app in my library.
Task manager shows no Sonic stuff at all so nothing to disable from startup yet it's there everytime I log into my account.
Windows > Settings > Apps allowed my to uninstall 2 Sonic ??????? apps but the companion app is not listed.
If I click the app it takes me to the Windows store and it's product page with the GET option. It's clearly bloody installed if its linking me the the bloody store.
If I click start and then find it I can click uninstall which then loads control panel which does NOT have any sonic suite to uninstall
Tried reinstall audio drivers hoping for a way to deslect it but nothing shows as an option


Can someone provide a wway to uninstall it?
29,681 Views
18 REPLIES 18

Chainbold
Level 11
Drayco31 wrote:
After searching the first time I managed to uninstall Sonic Suite companion app. Had issues and had to start again. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

Windows store = useless. Not listed as an app in my library.
Task manager shows no Sonic stuff at all so nothing to disable from startup yet it's there everytime I log into my account.
Windows > Settings > Apps allowed my to uninstall 2 Sonic ??????? apps but the companion app is not listed.
If I click the app it takes me to the Windows store and it's product page with the GET option. It's clearly bloody installed if its linking me the the bloody store.
If I click start and then find it I can click uninstall which then loads control panel which does NOT have any sonic **** to uninstall
Tried reinstall audio drivers hoping for a way to deslect it but nothing shows as an option


Can someone provide a wway to uninstall it?


Same problem here. To get rid of this stuff is a nightmare. I had to manually clean the registry. Search for "sonic", "nahimic", and "volute", and delete all entries.

Thanks Chain, really try to avoid Regedit but I'll keep that as a last resort.

I removed it without regedit before, just can't seem to find the webpage I found before and like an idiot I didn't bookmark it ;/

MoKiChU
Level 40
Drayco31 wrote:
After searching the first time I managed to uninstall Sonic Suite companion app. Had issues and had to start again. Now I can't figure out how to remove it.

Windows store = useless. Not listed as an app in my library.
Task manager shows no Sonic stuff at all so nothing to disable from startup yet it's there everytime I log into my account.
Windows > Settings > Apps allowed my to uninstall 2 Sonic ??????? apps but the companion app is not listed.
If I click the app it takes me to the Windows store and it's product page with the GET option. It's clearly bloody installed if its linking me the the bloody store.
If I click start and then find it I can click uninstall which then loads control panel which does NOT have any sonic **** to uninstall
Tried reinstall audio drivers hoping for a way to deslect it but nothing shows as an option


Can someone provide a wway to uninstall it?

Hi,

Information :

 
You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Cleanup :

 
Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process

Install :

 
The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

MoKiChU wrote:
Intended to work like this by ASUS :

- Full : Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (with or without installing SS3/DTS apps).

Note : If you want to uninstall Sonic Suite Companion once your drivers are installed, launch Sonic Suite Companion via right click > Check for Updates on its tray icon then click Menu > Uninstall.


Not intended to work like this by ASUS (at your own risk) :

- Realtek Only : Delete the ThirdParty folder from AUDIO_Realtek_USB_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.3.9600.xxxx\Drivers folder then follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (without installing SS3/DTS apps).

Update :

 
For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process (with same install type).

Awesome Thanks MoKiChU,

Cleanup worked great. Really should be included with the drivers section and included with Armoury crate.

Now just need to do a backup image then look for other software to control my fans that'll allow me to make manual saves to a location of my choice like normal, old school windows, instead of the save to god knows where that I never see. Would allow me to back them up myself to a location of my choosing. Then I can look into tweaking CPU stuff and maybe try tightening timings of my Ram too.

I see plenty of crashes ahead hence the desire to get everything at a baseline for a backup image. That way I can just recover Windows after all the tweaking and testing done and no losses :cool:

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Information :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) Gen2 from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).


Cleanup :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC


Install :

The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :



For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process (with same install type).

Note if you choose the Full install type : If you want to uninstall Sonic Suite Companion once your drivers are installed, launch Sonic Suite Companion via tray icon then click Uninstall Companion.


I appreciate all your work and was wondering if it's possible to install your drivers w/o the Nahimic/A-Volute crap, while maintaining the DTS features and software like DTS: X Ultra and Sound Unbound? Every time I try to install the drivers via Armoury Crate, it gets stuck at 55%, despite waiting like 12 hours and removing previous traces of audio drivers (maybe it needs the software components? I have no idea, TBH).

Uninstalling Sonic Studio is easy enough and I don't need the ability to switch the inputs but Nahimic's issues are widespread and its conflicts w/ other software such as Playnite are well documented. And maybe this is an Asus issue, but whenever I've tried to install the DTS software through the Microsoft Store, my license isn't transferred or saved on my account so it wants me to pay, and the only time it worked was via Armoury Crate. I have a ROG Strix B550-I if it matters, and have performed the clean uninstall via Driver Store Explorer + Device Manager, including using the tool mentioned here as well as ASUS's Armoury Crate one, but it still hangs up. I'm at a loss of what to do next outside of reinstalling Windows 11.

MoKiChU
Level 40
T-Boner wrote:
I appreciate all your work and was wondering if it's possible to install your drivers w/o the Nahimic/A-Volute crap, while maintaining the DTS features and software like DTS: X Ultra and Sound Unbound? Every time I try to install the drivers via Armoury Crate, it gets stuck at 55%, despite waiting like 12 hours and removing previous traces of audio drivers (maybe it needs the software components? I have no idea, TBH).

Uninstalling Sonic Studio is easy enough and I don't need the ability to switch the inputs but Nahimic's issues are widespread and its conflicts w/ other software such as Playnite are well documented. And maybe this is an Asus issue, but whenever I've tried to install the DTS software through the Microsoft Store, my license isn't transferred or saved on my account so it wants me to pay, and the only time it worked was via Armoury Crate. I have a ROG Strix B550-I if it matters, and have performed the clean uninstall via Driver Store Explorer + Device Manager, including using the tool mentioned here as well as ASUS's Armoury Crate one, but it still hangs up. I'm at a loss of what to do next outside of reinstalling Windows 11.

Hi,

Information :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

Cleanup :

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process

Install :

The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

MoKiChU wrote:
Intended to work like this by ASUS :

- Full : Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (with or without installing SS3/DTS apps).

Note : If you want to uninstall Sonic Suite Companion once your drivers are installed, launch Sonic Suite Companion via right click > Check for Updates on its tray icon then click Menu > Uninstall.


Not intended to work like this by ASUS (at your own risk) :

- Realtek Only : Delete the ThirdParty folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.xxxx.x\Drivers folder then follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (without installing SS3/DTS apps).

Update :

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process (with same install type).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Information :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).


Cleanup :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC


Install :

The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :



For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process (with same install type).

Note if you choose the Full install type : If you want to uninstall Sonic Suite Companion once your drivers are installed, launch Sonic Suite Companion via tray icon then click Uninstall Companion.


So if I understand your request correctly, you should use the Realtek with DTS install type.


Thanks for the reply. Correct, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

I wasn't initially sure if the "Realtek with DTS" included all the DTS features + Realtek Audio Console that I was looking for, but I tried it anyway after reading your first post in this thread. Other than "DTS:X Home Theater", all the DTS Sound Unbound features show as Not Licensed and the Realtek Audio Control/Console installs fine but the only option that shows up on the left-hand side at the top is "Main" and it's empty.
Also, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't seem to find DTS:X Ultra (it's an app, right?).

Found that u can actualy uninstall the Sonic Companion app easly by Right clicking it and do Check for updates windows pops up and u can open up setting bottom right i think and uninstall (can also just disable the startup of it)

Nexton85 wrote:
Found that u can actualy uninstall the Sonic Companion app easly by Right clicking it and do Check for updates windows pops up and u can open up setting bottom right i think and uninstall (can also just disable the startup of it)


Either that is new or everyone has been trying too hard lol.

Thanks! 🙂