cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended CPU Cooler STRIX-z690-F

KenV99
Level 7
Hi,
Yesterday I scored a STRIX z690-F and G.Skill Trident DDR5 memory in the Newegg Shuffle. I'm planning on adding a 12700K to it.
What are you folks doing for cooling with this board? I've read the posts stating interference from the VRM shrouds.

My biggest criteria is lit be quiet. Either air or AIO liquid. Putting it in my CM Cosmos S case, so room in the case is not an issue. Budget is <$300 USD.
I've looked at Corsair iHue, Asus STRIX LC II 360, beQuiet and Noctua.

Anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience?
Thanks for your help.
11 REPLIES 11

Dread13 wrote:
Got your exact same config, z690-F with 12700k. I got myself an arctic liquid freezer II 360 A-RGB. Got amazing results on cooling, with idle temps on 30 and stress tests going as far as 60-70º (current room temp is around 20º), the CPU is permanently on turbo speed.

70C under full load with all cores and HT enabled? Very good result.

How do you stress test? The 12900 max default Turbo is 5100 MHz. Do you run the stress test with all 8 p-cores at 5100 MHz? Is this with the Intel stress test (XTU)?

If I run (XTU) all cores at 5100 MHz I'm at around 80C.
If I run all cores at 5200 MHz, it goes up to 85C (see attached screenshot)

Edit: Ops, my bad, I see you have a 12700, while I have a 12900, more cores more heat.

Dread13 wrote:
Got your exact same config, z690-F with 12700k. I got myself an arctic liquid freezer II 360 A-RGB. Got amazing results on cooling, with idle temps on 30 and stress tests going as far as 60-70º (current room temp is around 20º), the CPU is permanently on turbo speed. All are Celsius degrees btw. However, to use this AIO, you need to contact Arctic so they send you the LGA1700 bracket to install the AIO properly if it is not included within the package (they send it free of charge) and you have to dismount a cover from the pump (reaaaally easy to do, you can ask for a replacement of the cover but its purpose is just aesthetic).

Hope it helped 🙂

I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer II currently running on a Strix z390-E with an 9900kf.

I was planning to use the Arctic Liquid Freezer II on a new setup with the Strix z690-A and a 12900k AND I've got a LGA1700 bracket coming as well. After seeing this issue with the cover, I requested the replacement cover. But nice to know that just removing it works as a temporary solution (as Arctic has stated on their website).

Thanks for posting @Dread ... good to get confirmation from someone who has tried it.

For others to reference... you can find out more about the issue and how to fix it here:

https://support.arctic.de/lf2-lga1700