cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALTEK AUDIO (no sound) / Bios 0401

vcore
Level 8
Finished fresh 2 builds both with Asus Rog Strix Z690-F motherboard. Have a few questions on a few problems that are happening on both builds.

1) Installed Realtek drivers from Asus website, had to do it via device manager since Asus didn’t bother to check if their installer is working or not. The problem I am having is I am not getting any sound. I have tried changing all the input settings etc. I also notice in sound settings the sound signal is moving but no sound coming through. Anyone experience this issue and know how to fix this?

*2) I am on the stock bios which is version 0401 if I remember correctly. Everytime the power is off and I switch my computer on it will always restart one time and after that it will stay on. This is very annoying and want to know what is causing this issue? Anyone ever experience this aswell? How did you get it to stop?
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

To begin with :

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also :

- Check that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is disabled : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off

- Check that the Enhance audio/Signal Enhancements setting is enabled (otherwise your audio effects will not work) :

Windows 11

Right click on sound icon tray > Audio settings > Click on your audio output/input devices to enter in their Properties :

Windows 10

Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Playback/Recording tab > Click on your audio playback/recording devices > Properties > Advanced tab :

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

To begin with :

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) Gen2 from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also :

- Check that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is disabled : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off

- Check that the Enhance audio/Signal Enhancements setting is enabled (otherwise your audio effects will not work) :

Windows 11

Right click on sound icon tray > Audio settings > Click on your audio output/input devices to enter in their Properties :

Windows 10

Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Playback/Recording tab > Click on your audio playback/recording devices > Properties > Advanced tab :

Hey there, I see your drivers is not from the Asus website. Why is this? Can you get the same thing from the Asus website? If so which ones do I need to download from the Asus website?

Gynny
Level 7

I have the same problem. Started early May this year, after doing a lot of changes to get up the FPS ing games. Maybe a coincidence, but I noticed it after starting Spotify, wich was acting weird and sending the audio to other devices connected to the wifi network. Have tried everything to fix it, including reinstalling windows. Strange thing is: if I disconnect the power cable, I get the sound on logo - both times if comes twice - but not after the laptop has started.