cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ROG RTX4070TI" not signal on PCIe16x "Prime Z690-P WIFI D4" (yes on PCIe4x)

woottonasus
Level 7
"ROG RTX4070TI" does not give a signal on PCIe16x "Prime Z690-P WIFI D4" (yes on PCIe4x)

NOTE: Used google translate, original message in Spanish at the end

1.-My setup worked correctly with a GTX970 and occasionally I had an RTX 2060 and it also worked.
I had an outdated bios version installed (I think it was 1402 from 2022/04/02).
2.-I bought the ROG STRIX RTX4070TI O12G GAMING and before that I updated the bios to the latest version (2212 2022/12/29).
3.-When connecting the 4070 to the main PCIe, the device shows no signal (I have to connect the monitor to the motherboard, I can enter bios and windows, the 4070 "doesn't exist").
4.-After many tests without resolving the problem, I tried to connect the 4070 to PCIe nº2 (it works at 4x not 16x) and here everything works ok, start the bios, windows, start games and they work ok but I have a graphics card of more than €1000 running on PCIe 4x instead of 16x.
5.-The Asus technical service tells me to return the graphics card, my distributor tests it on 2 other computers and it works correctly so I couldn't return it and I deduce that there is a compatibility problem with the motherboard.
6.- Can I downgrade the BIOS to see if it is a problem with this latest version?
7.- What else can I do? My setup more than meets the necessary specifications for this graphics card and the motherboard has been in my possession for almost a year without having had any problems 😞
8.- Attached 3 captures, manual of the motherboard where it works and where it doesn't and the speed of the PCIe in CPUz and GPUz.
THANK YOU!!!
My Setup:
Processor : I7-12700K
Mother Board : Prime Z690-P WIFI D4
RAM: 16GB DDR4 PC3200 CORSAIR VENGEANCE PROSL WHITE X 2 (32GB)
M.2: SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB NVME
Graphic Card : ROG STRIX RTX4070TI O12G GAMING
Power Supply : CORSAIR RM WHITE RM850 PLUS GOLD

Mensaje original en Español:

1.-Mi setup funcionaba correctamente con una GTX970 y puntualmente he tenido una RTX 2060 y también funcionaba.
Tenia instalada una version de bios desactualizada (creo que era la 1402 de 2022/04/02).
2.-Compré la ROG STRIX RTX4070TI O12G GAMING y antes actualicé la bios a última versión (2212 2022/12/29).
Al
3.-Al conectar la 4070 en el PCIe principal el equipo no muestra señal (tengo que conectar el monitor a la placa base, puedo entrar en bios y en windows, la 4070 "no existe").
4.-Tras muchas pruebas sin resolver el problema probé a conectar la 4070 en el PCIe nº2 (funciona a 4x no 16x) y aquí funciona todo ok, arranca la bios, windows, arranco juegos y funcionan ok pero tengo una gráfica de mas de 1000€ funcionando en un PCIe 4x en vez de a 16x.
5.-El servicio técnico de Asus me dice que devuelva la gráfica, mi distribuidor la prueba en otros 2 ordenadores y funciona correctamente así que no pudeo devolverla y deduzco que hay algún problema de compatibilidad con la placa base.
6.- ¿Puedo hacer downgrade a la BIOS para ver si es problema de esta última versión?
7.- ¿Qué mas puedo hacer? Mi setup cumple sobradamente las especificaciones necesarias para esta gráfica y la placa base lleva en mi poder casi un año sin haber tenido ningún problema 😞
8.- Adjunto 3 capturas, manual de la placa base donde funciona y donde no y la velocidad del PCIe en CPUz y GPUz.

GRACIAS!!!
0 REPLIES 0