cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 23 on z690 Hero

Cottontails
Level 7
I got my 13900k, Asus z690 Hero and some Teamgroup T-force 32GB DDR5 7200MHz C32 ram and I’m getting qcode 23 which is not in the motherboard manual. I have fully updated the bios to work with the 13900k. I’ve tried clearing the cmos and *using default settings as well as setting XMP and XMP II. I just checked the QVL list and the ram is not shown there, I think because it was just released, but I don’t know if this is the problem, any help is appreciated?

Note: The ram model is FF3D532G7200HC34ADC01 i hope support for this ram can be added soon?*
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hello Cottontails,

While the 13900k may be able to handle 7200MHz memory, the ROG Maximus Z690 Hero supports up to 6400MHz.

You might need to run with a lower frequency.

ROG Maximus Z690 Hero Tech Specs

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/spec/

Cottontails
Level 7
How do I set a lower frequency, I tried using default settings which sets the ram to 5600MHz but I still get q-code 23?

Nate152
Depending on what the timings are, you may need to raise some voltages to achieve stability.

What I might try is setting your ram manually since it likely won't work with X.M.P.

In the bios on the Extreme Tweaker tab, try manually setting:

Dram Frequency - 5600MHz
Dram VDD voltage - 1.35v
Dram VDDQ voltage - 1.35v
CPU System Agent voltage - 1.25v - 1.30v

At the bottom, Advanced Memory voltages

IVR Transmitter VDDQ voltage - 1.35v
CPU Memory Controller voltage - 1.25v - 1.30v
Sync All PMIC's

Dram Timing Control

Enter the primary timings like so:

Command Rate 2N

F10 and Enter to save and exit.

If it boots, this will give you a starting point.

Cottontails
Level 7
Unfortunately those setting did not work, still getting q-code 23

Nate152

Shamino
your ME version?
trying to oc mem with raptorlake on old ME will go 23

Cottontails
Level 7
I didn't OC the ram btw, it's Teamgroups new 7200Mhz ram it comes that way out of the box. Also i just stopped by Best Buy and picked up some Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200Mh, cleared CMOS and it's still giving me the qcode 23, i tried auto, manual and both xmp profiles and same result every time. I don't know what's wrong? The new ram model is CMK32GX5M2B5200C40

Nate152
Let's try what Shamino suggests and update to the latest ME driver.

Select your operating system, under Chipset click "Show all" in red.

The latest ME driver is version 2229.3.2.0

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_download/

You could also update your motherboard bios to version 2103.

How does it go after doing this?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Cottontails wrote:
I got my 13900k, Asus z690 Hero and some Teamgroup T-force 32GB DDR5 7200MHz C32 ram and I’m getting qcode 23 which is not in the motherboard manual. I have fully updated the bios to work with the 13900k. I’ve tried clearing the cmos and *using default settings as well as setting XMP and XMP II. I just checked the QVL list and the ram is not shown there, I think because it was just released, but I don’t know if this is the problem, any help is appreciated?

Note: The ram model is FF3D532G7200HC34ADC01 i hope support for this ram can be added soon?*
Cottontails wrote:
I didn't OC the ram btw, it's Teamgroups new 7200Mhz ram it comes that way out of the box. Also i just stopped by Best Buy and picked up some Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200Mh, cleared CMOS and it's still giving me the qcode 23, i tried auto, manual and both xmp profiles and same result every time. I don't know what's wrong? The new ram model is CMK32GX5M2B5200C40

Hi,

1) Update your Intel MEI Drivers to the last :

2) Update your Intel ME Firmware to the last :

3) Update your BIOS to the last (if not done yet) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-MAXIMUS-Z690-HERO-ASUS-2103.zip