cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 23 on z690 Hero

Cottontails
Level 7
I got my 13900k, Asus z690 Hero and some Teamgroup T-force 32GB DDR5 7200MHz C32 ram and I’m getting qcode 23 which is not in the motherboard manual. I have fully updated the bios to work with the 13900k. I’ve tried clearing the cmos and *using default settings as well as setting XMP and XMP II. I just checked the QVL list and the ram is not shown there, I think because it was just released, but I don’t know if this is the problem, any help is appreciated?

Note: The ram model is FF3D532G7200HC34ADC01 i hope support for this ram can be added soon?*
12 REPLIES 12

bscool
Level 11
Edit

Cottontails
Level 7
It turns out that the ram wasn't the issue, i was doing more research on the code and how it might be a USB device, so i unplugged all my USB devices, but i also unplugged the extra 6 pin for the Motherboard and it booted. I'm still not exactly sure what the cause was, but i will find out and update this thread. I was using a 8/6+2 VGA cable btw

Is there any chance the z690 Hero will support 7200MHz Ram with a bios update, is that something Asus can do?

Edit: Just tried XMP I and changed some of the voltages based on the settings @Nate152 provided and have the Ram running at 7200MHz, it's stable so far.

@Cottontails any updates my dude, I’m having the same issue too and it’s getting annoying for sure. I have my Asus z690e with ddr5 64GB and I decided to upgrade my cpu to i9 13900k and now I’m having this issue which never happened when I had my 12900k. Please help here!!!