cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problème Marvell AQtion 10Gbits sur Z690Maximus EXTREME

Fanybabeth
Level 7
Bonjour a tous 😉
J'ai acheter une carte mère ASSUS ROG MAXIMUS EXTREME Z690.
Sur cette carte je n'arrive pas a faire marcher le port MARVELL AQtion 10Gbit. Il ne voit pas mon câble réseau.
LE WIFI 6 AX211 fonctionne bien La prise RJ45 INTEL de 2,5Gbit fonctionne bien sur le port SFP+ de la box SFR

- La carte mère a été changer par une carte mère modèle identique et le problème est aussi présent sur la nouvelle carte.
- Windows 11 Pro 64Bits a été complètement réinstaller avec formatage du disque.
- Le câble réseau a été changer par un neuf de catégorie 8 et fonctionne bien sur l’autre port RJ45 INTEL de 2,5Gbit
- Les techniciens SFR son passer à mon domicile
o Test du débit derrière le module SFP+ de la box tout est OK.
o Test en fin de câble RJ45 OK.
A ce jour le problème est identique à l’ancienne carte mère de même modèle.

Je ne sais plus quoi faire pour faire fonctionner ce satané port 10 Gbit.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
14 REPLIES 14

Bonjour Oui merci pour l'aide.
Effectivement axiumone a raison mon problème est sur le RJ45 MARVELL
Etonnant que ce problème ne soit pas résolu depuis le temps que la carte est sortie.

J'ai ouvert un dossier chez ASUS, mais pour l'instant aucune résolution ;(

Fanybabeth
Level 7

Pas de solution cote ASUS ;(

Pas sur qu il est lu la globalité de mon message vu que leurs solution était deja mentionner comme effectuer dans mon mail.

"Bonjour Monsieur SIMON, nous revenons vers vous et nous vous invitons à tenter un downgrade du BIOS de votre carte mère et veuillez tester de nouveau.
Si le souci persiste nous vous invitons à contacter votre revendeur afin de lancer les procédures de prise en charge de la carte mère.

Nous vous informons que la prise en charge des cartes mères ne passe pas directement par ASUS pour cela nous vous invitons à suivre l’ordre suivant :

1- Client final
2- Revendeur
3- Grossiste
4- Centre de réparation
Il s’agit d’une convention entre le constructeur Asus, ses distributeurs et ses revendeurs agréés, en cas de défectuosité de votre produit.
Nous restons à votre disposition pour tout complément d’information.
En vous souhaitant une agréable journée.
Le service client ASUS France vous remercie pour votre confiance

Cordialement,
Dhieb_M,
SAV Asus France,

Murph_9000
Level 14

I don't have as much experience with 10G compared to older Ethernet standards, but I'm wondering if this is some sort of auto-negotiation problem. I believe there are some 10G interfaces and SFP+ modules that are 10G-only, and others that are multi-speed (sometimes called Multi-gig or mGig). The Marvell AQC-113 that ASUS uses is a Multi-gig interface; supporting 10M, 100M, 1G, 2.5G, 5G, and 10G with auto-negotiation. I wonder if there's some sort of incompatibility between your SFP+ module and the Marvell Multi-gig implementation.

The Marvell AQS-107 SFP+ module should be fully compatible with the AQC-113 on your motherboard, as they both use the Marvell Alaska mGig PHY. You would need to check if it's compatible with your router, as there can be compatibility issues between routers and particular SFP/SFP+ modules.

Something else to note is that the AQS-107 product info says that it has a maximum cable length of only 30m at 10G. That is less than the 55m on Cat 6 or 100m on Cat 6A in the 10GBASE-T standard. If you have a particularly long cable, that could possibly be a problem. You don't need Cat 8 for 10GBASE-T, Cat 6A is sufficient (or even Cat 6 for up to 55m), although I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work over Cat 8.

Lastly, the newest Marvell AQC driver is 3.1.7.0, which is probably worth trying if you've not already done so.

Edit: You could also confirm basic function for your interface by connecting it to a simple gigabit switch and seeing if the link comes up ok.  That would obviously limit the speed to the speed of the switch, but is a simple test to see if the interface and driver are working at a basic level.

Good morning and thanks for your help 😉
I had already tried to put a 10m cable in CAT6 and the problem is the same. This is where I invested in a CAT8 (40 Gigabits/S- 2000 MHz) of 30 meters.
Whatever the cable, the motherboard module works well on one of the RJ45 ports (1Gbit) of the SFR box.
The problem is only when connecting it to the SFP+ of the Box.
All like you I think a compatibility problem.
SFR's SFP+ module uses XGS-PON technology and I think the problem comes from there.

midianprime
Level 8

Are you using a SFP+/RJ45 adapter? If so that maybe the culprit.