cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi thunderbolt problem Windows 11

neuromac
Level 7
Hello everyone. I am having problems with Thunderbolt initialization on cold boots with this motherboard. if any thunderbolt device is connected at cold boot, an ACPI Power Object failed to transition state with error code 10 appears on one of the PCI root devices with an undetected thunderbolt device. Once I restart the computer, the error goes away and everything works as intended. I have disabled fast boot in the bios and quick start in Windows but I cannot get it to initialize correctly. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

JohnAb
Level 17
Just an idea - in Device Manager, do you have 'UCM Client' listed? If not, try MoKiChU's Thunderbolt drivers pack. It includes the UCM drivers and he said that the motherboard support page Thunderbolt drivers do not. I'm not sure if that will help, but it might...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129940-DRIVERS-Intel-Thunderbolt

I (think) that the UCM drivers are related to providing Thunderbolt support for the USB ports. Even if I'm wrong on that, UCM is related to Thunderbolt. If it helps, credit goes to MoKiChU, I am only remembering what he said.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

I did that and it still didn't work after a cold boot.

See my response to neuromac above. 

DezM
Level 8

I am having the same exact issue after I updated to BIOS 2305 on the ProArt Z-690 Creator WiFi board. I tried everything possible after scouring these forums and using MoKiChU's drivers. Still the same result.

I basically have to restart the PC twice in order for the two Thunderbolts to be seen. Cold boots = no Thunderbolt 4. Warm boot = Thunderbolt 4 is seen.

Asus is aware of my case and I've been waiting a week for a solution. Downgrading to BIOS 2204 can't happen as BIOS 2305 is locked for downgrades.

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever figure it out?