cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc shuts off and turns back again on when Windows 10 was loading,getting devices read

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Z690 DDR

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.

Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.
But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that. Thank you so much my friends.
10 REPLIES 10

i have the same problem. in the beginning it would restart randomly, i fixed this issue by auto setting the fan speeds in bios. but another problem is that i can only shutdown computer only 20% of the time, otherwise on windows shutdown command turn off clicks off and comes back on again with another click. i have asus rog strix b660 gaming wifi with ddr5 which i custom built myself. i dont know what is wrong and its quite annoying because it takes me a while before i can successfully shut down the pc(because it keep turning on by itself)