cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIAL Bios ver. 2004 will not allow bios flashback THREAD

mr_allroy
Level 9
Hi all,

It looks like at least a couple of us have an issue flashing back to earlier bios with ver. 2004. Both with the UEFI method and the usb flash back will not work (3 usb drives and none worked). The bios setting to allow this is enabled. I have a Z690 Hero.

If you have this issue please reply to this thread so we can keep all the info in one thread. It will help if you list your MB model as well.

Thanks
( I should also note that the voltage issues found in ver 1720 appear to be fixed in 2004.)

UPDATE - It seems that real time ram timings can't be changed using Memtweakit or any other tool. Was working on 1601. Can anyone else confirm this?
163 REPLIES 163

ls612 wrote:
Almost identical to mine except I have 64GB. Same corsair vengeance frequenceies and timings though. And I passed in memtest86 which really confused me during the troubleshooting process. Out of curiosity is your ME on the board and ME Interface up to date?

I can also confirm the XMP instability in the latest Bios 2004. My RAM worked well in all previous versions but now the PC will not POST with XMP enabled. I have raised a ticket with ASUS so hopefully they will fix it soon?

drsam wrote:
I can also confirm the XMP instability in the latest Bios 2004. My RAM worked well in all previous versions but now the PC will not POST with XMP enabled. I have raised a ticket with ASUS so hopefully they will fix it soon?

It will be a better way to express detail what your post quoting XMP instability issue.

flightsolutions
Level 7
System is now unstable with 2004. Causes memory issues in games/programs have to disable XMP. 1720 ran perfect. Wish I knew I couldn't revert back to 1720.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
mr_allroy wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like at least a couple of us have an issue flashing back to earlier bios with ver. 2004. Both with the UEFI method and the usb flash back will not work (3 usb drives and none worked). The bios setting to allow this is enabled. I have a Z690 Hero.

If you have this issue please reply to this thread so we can keep all the info in one thread. It will help if you list your MB model as well.

Thanks
( I should also note that the voltage issues found in ver 1720 appear to be fixed in 2004.)

UPDATE - It seems that real time ram timings can't be changed using Memtweakit or any other tool. Was working on 1601. Can anyone else confirm this?

I thought you should know that you might be misleading people who view the "New posts" section because more than 2 Intel generations is on BIOS version 2004. My old ass Z390 Maximus XI Extreme motherboard's latest Bios is version 2004.

Jesseinsf wrote:
I thought you should know that you might be misleading people who view the "New posts" section because more than 2 Intel generations is on BIOS version 2004. My old ass Z390 Maximus XI Extreme motherboard's latest Bios is version 2004.

How could that be misleading? It's in the 600&700 series forums and OP says they have Z690 Hero board.

Drayco31 wrote:
How could that be misleading? It's in the 600&700 series forums and OP says they have Z690 Hero board.

You are correct if the reader is in the 600&700 series forums, but NOT when click on the LATEST POSTS thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Jesseinsf wrote:
You are correct if the reader is in the 600&700 series forums, but NOT when click on the LATEST POSTS thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

??? There is a column in "new posts" that indicates what forum the post was from.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
??? There is a column in "new posts" that indicates what forum the post was from.

That is correct but look DUDE, not everyone scouts the page for every friken thing. They focus on what best interests them. Also, keep in mind that no one is you.

Jesseinsf wrote:
That is correct but look DUDE, not everyone scouts the page for every friken thing. They focus on what best interests them. Also, keep in mind that no one is you.

Not everyone is ignoring what is right in their face, dude. No one else is complaining but you,. Are you that lazy you can't look to the right when the title is ambiguous? It would take you a lot less effort than you are expending posting here.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

2004 is stable on right settings. See my post in Strix z690 gaming wifi g.:p