cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIAL Bios ver. 2004 will not allow bios flashback THREAD

mr_allroy
Level 9
Hi all,

It looks like at least a couple of us have an issue flashing back to earlier bios with ver. 2004. Both with the UEFI method and the usb flash back will not work (3 usb drives and none worked). The bios setting to allow this is enabled. I have a Z690 Hero.

If you have this issue please reply to this thread so we can keep all the info in one thread. It will help if you list your MB model as well.

Thanks
( I should also note that the voltage issues found in ver 1720 appear to be fixed in 2004.)

UPDATE - It seems that real time ram timings can't be changed using Memtweakit or any other tool. Was working on 1601. Can anyone else confirm this?
163 REPLIES 163

I installed on top without any problems

ls612 wrote:
Almost identical to mine except I have 64GB. Same corsair vengeance frequenceies and timings though. And I passed in memtest86 which really confused me during the troubleshooting process. Out of curiosity is your ME on the board and ME Interface up to date?

In the Bios it is 16.1.25.1885

Not bothering with the windows driver as Memtest86 had fail and that is outside of windows

Rob_mc_1 wrote:
In the Bios it is 16.1.25.1885

Not bothering with the windows driver as Memtest86 had fail and that is outside of windows

hi there, how to update that me fw?
i am still 16.0.0.1423
if me outdate realted to system stabillity?

when i download and try update manuall in windows it also cant

AwenMilano wrote:
i am still 16.0.0.1423

Hi,

In addition to the stability fix aspect brought by the Intel MEI drivers & Intel ME firmware updates, it is especially important for the security fix aspect.

You can use this tool to check if your system is vulnerable or not (but given the outdated Intel ME firmware version that you show us in a screenshot in one of your previous post, your system is necessarily vulnerable) : [SOFTWARE] Intel ME Security Check (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

You need to install/update your Intel MEI drivers so that you can update your Intel ME firmware (Intel ME firmware & Intel MEI drivers work in tandem).

I sent you by PM all the firmware/drivers that you need for your ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard.

I was not able to get the ME Update to install on top - I get a "Warning!!!" dialog box that says, "Please check MEI Driver is installed."

Huh. I guess somewhere along the way something happened to my ME Interface. I installed it. But I reinstalled it and that did the trick. Had no problem installing the ME Update after I reinstalled MEI.

AwenMilano wrote:
i am still 16.0.0.1423

Merrick wrote:
I was not able to get the ME Update to install on top - I get a "Warning!!!" dialog box that says, "Please check MEI Driver is installed."

Hi,

In addition to the stability fix aspect brought by the Intel MEI drivers & Intel ME firmware updates, it is especially important for the security fix aspect.

You can use this tool to check if your system is vulnerable or not (but given the outdated Intel ME firmware version that AwenMilano show us in a screenshot in one of his previous post, his system is necessarily vulnerable) : [SOFTWARE] Intel ME Security Check (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

You need to install/update your Intel MEI drivers so that you can update your Intel ME firmware (Intel ME firmware & Intel MEI drivers work in tandem).

@AwenMilano : I sent you by PM all the firmware/drivers that you need for your ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard.

@Merrick : I sent you by PM all the firmware/drivers that you need for your ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Formula motherboard.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You can use this tool to check if your system is vulnerable or not (but given the outdated Intel ME firmware version that AwenMilano show us in a screenshot in one of his previous post, his system is necessarily vulnerable) : [SOFTWARE] Intel ME Security Check (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

@AwenMilano : I sent you by PM all the firmware/drivers that you need for your ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard.

@Merrick : I sent you by PM all the firmware/drivers that you need for your ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Formula motherboard.

hello, mr Mokichu
thanks for the guide, really apreciate that
i already follow all ur guide
bios me fw ver show 16.1.25.1917 now
did i succes follow ur guide?

AwenMilano wrote:
hello, mr Mokichu
thanks for the guide, really apreciate that
i already follow all ur guide
bios me fw ver show 16.1.25.1917 now
did i succes follow ur guide?

It's perfect 😉

MoKiChU wrote:
It's perfect 😉

thanks man, really apreciate ur help
i just skip intel gna, coz cant find it. should i find it at bios first?