cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Z790 Hero Constant WHEA warnings

Saltgrass
Level 13
Now that the text is showing. The problem seems to be tied to the PCI Express Port #2. The one device on that port is the Standard SATA AHCI Controller.

If I disable the port, the warnings go away and the SATA controller switches to another position in the listing.

I have tried removing all SATA drives so there was nothing connected to the SATA ports but that did not seem to help.

I have installed the RAID driver available for the system but that did not affect this situation.

Thanks for reading.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
34 REPLIES 34

So far turning off PCie power options helped the SSD error. We will see about the other ones.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I don't see an Audiodg.exe on my system but I know what it is.

I also don't see the 7A34 port you are seeing. Can you get us a picture of the Device Manager showing that device? It may be related to a monitor audio.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I am running a Samsung drive and the Samsung driver for it. My system shows the drive listed under one of the PCI Express Root Port (not numbered).

All I had to do was the one thing in the Bios. If that doesn't work then maybe the older drive has some compatibility issues. The 3rd M.2 slot is a joint use SATA/PCIe slot, depending on how it is configured in the Bios.

Currently my third slot is empty which might be why it is showing differently.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Soulshot96
Level 9
Same/similar issue here. Trying this power management setting now.
13900KS / Z790 HERO / 64GB 6400MHz C32 / 4090 FE

Soulshot96
Level 9
Yea, over 24h logged in the background with HWINFO, no more errors.

Weird bug or whatever though. Would be nice to see a proper fix, even if I didn't notice any effects in windows because of it.
13900KS / Z790 HERO / 64GB 6400MHz C32 / 4090 FE