cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build z790e error code 00

ZeroTwoFranx
Level 7

I've recently built a new computer my specs are listed below, but keep running into error code 00 I tried changing all my parts, and seeking professional help but still nothing not sure what to do.

My Rig-

• Intel Core i9-14900K 3.2 GHz 24-Core Processor
  • Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT 65.57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
  • Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card
  • be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200 W 80+
  • lian li o11 dynamic evo xl

5 REPLIES 5

Vynra
Level 12

i think you need to update bios via bios flashbback on the back of the motherboard. if your board shipped with an older bios then it wont have support for 14th series cpus. 

yeah sorry I forgot to add that part i tried that already still same error

Nate152

Hello ZeroTwoFranx

Since you're still getting error code 00 after updating the bios, this makes me wonder if the bios update was successful.

To be sure you renamed the bios file and put it on your usb flash drive correctly, I made a quick video.

yeah thank you this is the way I did it the first time I followed the steps shown in this video and still get error code 00

Nate152

To confirm the bios update was successful, when you press the bios flashback button, the led should start blinking. The blinking should get faster as it goes then stop when complete.  The update should take about 90 seconds.

Code 00 means the motherboard isn't detecting the cpu, but code 00 can be caused by other things too.

Some things that can cause code 00....

The 8-pin cpu power cable isn't installed, double check the connections at the psu and motherboard. If your psu has two of these cables, connect both 8-pin cpu power cables.

The cpu cooler is too tight, try loosening it a little. Make sure the cpu cooler fan is connected to the cpu fan header.

A short somewhere can cause code 00.

If you've swapped out your motherboard and cpu, we can probably rule these out. A dead cpu will cause code 00, a faulty motherboard can cause code 00.

Bent/Damaged cpu socket pins will cause code 00, remove the cooler and carefully inspect the cpu socket.