cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BUild - Error Code 00 with no display

JD
Level 7

Hi All,

I've just built my first new PC in a number of years and am having some trouble - have tried other forums but running out of optiosn so would appreciate any help and guideance on this forum. Thanks in advance and apologies if I ask any not so clever questions - this is not my day job!

Rig is as follows:

• Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC V2 LHR 12GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  • Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero (LGA 1700) DDR5 ATX Motherboard
  • 1 X Corsair RMx Series RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • 1 X Intel Core i9-13900K (Raptor Lake) Socket LGA1700 Processor
  • 1 X Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB (2X32GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C40 5600MHz Dual Channel Kit
  • 1 X Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water Cooler

When I start the PC I get no display or opportunity to enter BIOS and Error Q Code "00" every time. All fans spinning fine. 

So far I have:

• Updated BIOS
  • Cleared CMOS and changed battery
  • Removed all components and case connections except CPU / x1 RAM stick (and tried RAM in all four slots)
  • Checked CPU (it is inserted right with no bent pins)
  • Tried to boot up motherbpoard outside case to ensure no short or anything

Only things I can think of still to try are:

• Exclude RAM as issue (the RAM I bought is AMD EXPO (my fault) so this might be the issue but I hear it might not be)?
  • I have a dead CPU (in reality how often does that happen though - this things is brand new - and I don't have a second one to try)?

Many thanks in advance for any further guideance. 

Am I missing anything / any other ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

JohnAb
Level 17

You might also try shutting down the PC and leaving the PSU turned off for a for a good 5 minutes. I've just built an AMD rig and I had weird issues until I turned off the PSU, then it was happy. Also, you could try re-flashing the BIOS using the flashback port. It would do no harm to try. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JD
Level 7

Quick unrelated question while I have your helpful attention if that ok - and before I go and sort the power cables out. Right now I have two NVME drives (one OS and one storage and no other drives right now) in the PCIEX16(G4) slot using the Hyper M.2 card. My understanidng is I'll get the same speed with this approach vs connecting directly to board using the direct connections at bootom of board - or not?

@JD wrote:

Quick unrelated question while I have your helpful attention if that ok - and before I go and sort the power cables out. Right now I have two NVME drives (one OS and one storage and no other drives right now) in the PCIEX16(G4) slot using the Hyper M.2 card. My understanidng is I'll get the same speed with this approach vs connecting directly to board using the direct connections at bootom of board - or not?

Your OS drive should really live in M.2_1 on the Maximus Z790 Hero.  That slot has the dedicated x4 storage lanes direct to the CPU.  Other slots are either via the chipset or steal GPU lanes.

PCIEX16(G4) is good for the Hyper M.2 card, to avoid stealing GPU lanes.  It shouldn't matter which of the other slots you use with the Hyper card in PCIEX16(G4); all of them are via the chipset.  Performance should be the same for all of M.2_2, M.2_3, Hyper M.2_1, and Hyper M.2_2; and limited by the 4.0 x8 link between the CPU and chipset.

JohnAb
Level 17

Check your motherboard manual to what speeds the M.2 slots support. I would say it's better to fill the motherboard slots before using the hyper card. You might have 2x Gen 4 and 1x Gen 3 slot on the motherboard, that's the way it is on my 690 Hero anyway... also, some motherboards steal slots from the PCIe bus according to which slots you use. Varies by motherboard, so it would be good to check before deciding on a plan. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JD
Level 7

Ok - so I am pleased to report that everything is now up and running - so many thanks to all for the support and ideas over the last few days. 

To summarise:

The Qcode 00 was due to me not inserting the power connectors to the board properly (easy solution).

The Qcode 53 was due (I think) due to either non QVL listed and / or EXPO RAM - I am currently using a single 32GB stick of the RAM I mentioned above in DIMM_A2 and it works fine. 

Win 11 all installed and now syncing One Drive / loading Apps / Drivers and setting thinsg up. 

Thanks again!