cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2103 BIOS for ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming

PauloPanda
Level 10
Anyone tried the new BIOS Version 2103?

Can let us know the impact on the PCH temperature? The previous BIOS 2004 increased the PCH temperature by more than 7 degree C from 55 degree to 62 degree at idle mode. Now I am a bit scared to update to the version 2103.

Thanks.

[Edit/Updates] Had updated to BIOS Ver 2103. Basically, did not observe any changes. PCH temperature still hovers around 62 to 65 degrees Celsius. Memory (64 GB) running stable at 5600MHz.
19 REPLIES 19

iimma wrote:
Hey, so, how is it going with the new bios? is there any good news about it? or is just not worth to install it?

In my opinion. If your system are running fine with the bios version currently in the system, not to touch it. A new version may improve or solved previous version bios issue resulting hardware issue with component whereas that issue not appear in your system, try not. New bios upgrade will not/may not address issue compatibilities with certain hardware related problems, but if may always or create another layer of issue somehow.

One person meat may result in another person as poison. If aint broke, dont fixed it.

iimma wrote:
Hey, so, how is it going with the new bios? is there any good news about it? or is just not worth to install it?

Been running the new BIOS for a few days. Seem stable. RAM running at 5600 MHz and stable. PCH temperature same as before at 62 degrees Celsius at idle mode,

PauloPanda wrote:
Been running the new BIOS for a few days. Seem stable. RAM running at 5600 MHz and stable. PCH temperature same as before at 62 degrees Celsius at idle mode,

Sir, do you use XMP?
What is your setting?

Revenge wrote:
Sir, do you use XMP?
What is your setting?

I am using the ASUS Z690E Gaming WIFI motherboard. I selected XMP II in the BIOS. Seems to work fine as it uses the RAM's own specs to run.

PauloPanda wrote:
I am using the ASUS Z690E Gaming WIFI motherboard. I selected XMP II in the BIOS. Seems to work fine as it uses the RAM's own specs to run.

It works for me also.
XMP1+ 5600MHz (can not go higher, 6000 MHz)
Better than older bios version, which did not allow me to run over 4800MHz
Thank you for your information

gaming g, stable with sync all cores, unstable with ai and by core solid lockup on sfc/scannow

PauloPanda wrote:

Thanks for your reply, i will update the bios this weekend i guess. I hope for the best haha! take care!

makattack
Level 8
Updated my Z690E from 2004 to 2103 and running a few days now. All stable. XMP1 with PCH temps (since someone asked) hovering around 50-53C at low loads:

makattack wrote:
Updated my Z690E from 2004 to 2103 and running a few days now. All stable. XMP1 with PCH temps (since someone asked) hovering around 50-53C at low loads:

Impressive PCH temperature!

May I know how many NVME drives you have connected to your motherboard?

For me, I have a total of seven NVME drives connected (4 on the motherboard and 3 on the expansion cards). Was wondering if that led to the high PCH temperature on my motherboard. Need to mention that I also have six SATA drives connected as well. 🙂

PauloPanda wrote:
Impressive PCH temperature!

May I know how many NVME drives you have connected to your motherboard?

For me, I have a total of seven NVME drives connected (4 on the motherboard and 3 on the expansion cards). Was wondering if that led to the high PCH temperature on my motherboard. Need to mention that I also have six SATA drives connected as well. 🙂

I only have two nvme drives, on the motherboard and no sata drives, which might explain the Temps. My case is also a mesh style (meshify 2) with the three fans on the front, three on top attached to an aio cooler. The only original fan that came with the case is the rear exhaust.