cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2103 BIOS for ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming

PauloPanda
Level 10
Anyone tried the new BIOS Version 2103?

Can let us know the impact on the PCH temperature? The previous BIOS 2004 increased the PCH temperature by more than 7 degree C from 55 degree to 62 degree at idle mode. Now I am a bit scared to update to the version 2103.

Thanks.

[Edit/Updates] Had updated to BIOS Ver 2103. Basically, did not observe any changes. PCH temperature still hovers around 62 to 65 degrees Celsius. Memory (64 GB) running stable at 5600MHz.
19 REPLIES 19

chrismog2_2
Level 7
I tried flashing this BIOS and get an error "Selected file is not a UEFI BIOS!" Performed two separate downloads of the ZIP with the same problem. It is the same exact size (extracted) as the 2004 BIOS which reads/flashes properly.

Did you use the rename program that was bundled in the zip?

Blai5e wrote:
Did you use the rename program that was bundled in the zip?

No. Renaming is only for USB BIOS Flashback. I've never had to rename a valid BIOS update when using the EZ Flash from the BIOS menus itself... unless this is something new and undocumented (again!).

Blai5e
Level 8
I've had to rename the BIOS for the last 3 versions on my Hero Z690.

chrismog2_2
Level 7
Well, it didn't matter anyway, wouldn't flash when the BIOSRenamer tool renamed it to SZ690E.CAP - though the support page gives a totally different name, so I guess I could try MANUALLY renaming it to whatever that is.

UPDATE: Manually renamed the 2103 BIOS to "ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI.CAP" per the support page. Same result. Also manually renamed the prior 2004 BIOS file to "TEST ROG-STRIX-Z690-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2004.CAP" to see if it would break, but EZ Flash recognized it just fine and would've allowed me to flash, so naming is not the issue here! ASUS please fix this BIOS file on your support page for the Strix Z690-E.

I just tried to install it, from bios version 1720. And it didn't even allow me to read the file, the bios just froze on "reading the file" and I had to force restart. I will not try again just in case

Use bios renamer and copy to root of flashdrive, updated Gaming - g no problem in bios.

ze1nXF wrote:
Use bios renamer and copy to root of flashdrive, updated Gaming - g no problem in bios.

This is for the E, not G.

*update:* not sure if the BIOS was re-uploaded, ninja fixed, etc. but it updated fine today with a fresh download from the site

Hey, so, how is it going with the new bios? is there any good news about it? or is just not worth to install it?