cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Fan curve settings in BIOS / Z690 Maximus Extreme / Lian Li o11 XL

simon_leuener
Level 10
Hello Everyone

Need help with Fan curve settings in BIOS for a more silent use of my PC please.

My Components:
-ASUS Z690 Maximus Extreme Board
-ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING Graphic card
-ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO cooler
-Lian Li o11 dynamic xl Case (ROG cert.)
-be quiet! SilentWings 3, PWM High-Speed, 120 mm (3x Bottom in, 3x Side in, 1x Rear out, AIO Top out with Original Asus Fans)
-All fans are on the board directly. No Hub. I split it on 2 Fans per connector (AIO-Pump-on W.Pump1, AIO-Fans on CPU.Fan and CPU.Opt, all case fans on the other Fan connectors)

So I want to set my Fan curve(s) that way, that they're more silent in Office use and Internet surfing, but still good cooling for 4K gaming (Final Fantasy XIV online – max settings).
At the moment I have all fans tied to "CPU Temp" and on "standard mode - preset" speed-wise…
Another problem is the constant spinning up and down of the fans whenever I open a browser or do something with a non-intense program (Fan Hysteresis)

So my questions:
-Can someone help me set my Fan curves manually. I don’t know how to do it and if its correct to tie all Fans to the "CPU-Temp"?
-Maybe someone with a similar PC build / use can show me his/her settings of Fan curve in BIOS? So I can "copy" it?
-Can Someone help me how to get rid of this terrible Hysteresis (spin up and down for a second all the time…)? What I have to do?

Thank u so much for the help! :):)
13 REPLIES 13

JohnAb wrote:
Possibly a misunderstanding lol - I was just saying that I have hydranode mode turned on, but I do not actually have any hydranode fans 😞

okidoki.
thanks.
Hydranode need to be disable. after test i found out some weird issues on ac and fan work iwth light. i send a note to keep it but disable by default.

on next AC update will be disable.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

JohnAb
Level 17
Oh, OK thanks. I've had no problems. I did turn it off in the past, but seems to have turned itself back on. My fans are controlled by Corsair software anyway, so in my case I think hydranode make no difference. But thank you 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Short Feedback from my side 😉

After a few tests according to ur posts I set the following and it seems to work perfect for me /joy!

First of all I let the QFan-Tuning run 3x times and the outcome was the increas on CPU fans %min from 20 to 22
Also a decrease on all Chasis fan %min from 20 to 14

This tuning overwrote the standart settings like silent, standard, Turo to manual.

Then i turned off Hydranode since i not use these new, compatible fans now.

Last step was to turn on AI-Cooling and save the BIOS.

It seems to work flawless. No Hysteresis (Fan spin up and down) anymore.
Temps in HWMonitor are the following under 4K gamin / max settings
CPU 45-55 Grad C
MB 30-35 Grad C
RAM 50 Grad C
M.2 45 Grad C
GPU 65-70 Grad C

Do u think the Temps are good too?

Thank u again all for the help! I really appreciate it ❤️

JohnAb
Level 17
I think your temperatures look great. Good job Simon 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.