cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Recommendation for Z790-E

ScriptKiddie
Level 7
Hello, Im building a new pc. And I bought z790-e. Now next is Memory. Im thinking to buy; TeamGroup Delta RGB (2X16GB) 7600MHz Dual Channel (FF3D532G7600HC36DDC01) will be problem ? Can i run memory at 7600mhz ?
or should i buy TeamGroup Delta RGB (2X16GB) 7200MHz Dual Channel (FF3D532G7200HC34ADC01) Both ram are listed in QVL.

CPU:13700K

97157
4,831 Views
14 REPLIES 14

Hopper64
Level 15
I have GSkill 7600 which works great but I had to decrease the SAV to 1.14V to get it stable. This may not apply to your kit though.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
I have GSkill 7600 which works great but I had to decrease the SAV to 1.14V to get it stable. This may not apply to your kit though.



Your cpu is 13900ks andÂ*that's why yours may be working.Â*some users say it's cpu related

ScriptKiddie wrote:
Your cpu is 13900ks andÂ*that's why yours may be working.Â*some users say it's cpu related


I have the 13900KS i9 and the 13600K i5.

13600K i5 6core will run the Gskill 7600 kit at 8000 36 46 46 121 VDD and VDDQ at 1.5v and SA 1.313v TM5 stable.

I didn't play around with my SA at all the 1.313volts is the value placed by the 7600 XMP profile.

All I gained by adding the 13900KS is a drop of CL from 36 to 34. Believe I may be at the very limit of the Gskill 7600 kit.

------

Can boot into 8200, yet cannot get it stable.

Maybe I should lower my SA like Mr. Hopper. 🙂
Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench

ROG Z790 Apex / Intel 13900KS SP111 P121 E93 MC83
Gskill 8000 kit - TM5 stable at 8200MT/s 38 48 48 121 VDD and VDDQ 1.5v
WD_Black SN850X 1TB 7300MB/s Reads 6300MB/s Writes
LG 32in 4K IPS 32UP83A-W

iBruceypoo wrote:
I have the 13900KS i9 and the 13600K i5.

13600K i5 6core will run the Gskill 7600 kit at 8000 36 46 46 121 VDD and VDDQ at 1.5v and SA 1.313v TM5 stable.

I didn't play around with my SA at all the 1.313volts is the value placed by the 7600 XMP profile.

All I gained by adding the 13900KS is a drop of CL from 36 to 34. Believe I may be at the very limit of the Gskill 7600 kit.

------

Can boot into 8200, yet cannot get it stable.

Maybe I should lower my SA like Mr. Hopper. 🙂


When I install the memory I just want to select xmp profile and continue. I don't want to set any voltage. Is this possible at 7600mhz Â*or should I go with 7200 or lower speeds?

ScriptKiddie wrote:
When I install the memory I just want to select xmp profile and continue. I don't want to set any voltage. Is this possible at 7600mhz Â*or should I go with 7200 or lower speeds?


OK, then grab the Gskill 7600 kit. Prices have come down quite a bit.

Paid $409 for my 7600 kit back in October, Newegg had it listed brand new at $329 a few days ago.

Cannot speak for other brands, I always go for Gskill mem kits with ROG boards if you simply want to set XMP and get going - "plug and play" 🙂
Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench

ROG Z790 Apex / Intel 13900KS SP111 P121 E93 MC83
Gskill 8000 kit - TM5 stable at 8200MT/s 38 48 48 121 VDD and VDDQ 1.5v
WD_Black SN850X 1TB 7300MB/s Reads 6300MB/s Writes
LG 32in 4K IPS 32UP83A-W

iBruceypoo wrote:
OK, then grab the Gskill 7600 kit. Prices have come down quite a bit.

Paid $409 for my 7600 kit back in October, Newegg had it listed brand new at $329 a few days ago.

Cannot speak for other brands, I always go for Gskill mem kits with ROG boards if you simply want to set XMP and get going - "plug and play" 🙂


You're confusing me 🙂 gskill 7800mhz not available in qvl list. Only Team Brand at 7800mhz in QVL list. but for 7600mhz there are both gskill and team.

I always used g.skill for memory too. I have never used team group. some gskill chips are hynix. But team groups chips generally hynix-a. I picked because of it.

And F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK - gskill 7600mhz. But it is expensive than team group. and it has hynix chipset. Not hynix -a.
F5-7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK 7200mhz, it's in the qvl list, not hynix-a too.

As far as I understand, you do not recommend team group.

ScriptKiddie wrote:
Your cpu is 13900ks andÂ*that's why yours may be working.Â*some users say it's cpu related


It also worked with a 13900k as well. XMP Tweaked. Just had to decrease the SAV a bit. You could try. Dependent on the CPU, memory kit and the motherboard.Â*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
It also worked with a 13900k as well. XMP Tweaked. Just had to decrease the SAV a bit. You could try. Dependent on the CPU, memory kit and the motherboard.Â*


I see.Â*but i think i can run more smoothly at 7200mhz, right?Â*

Â*I don't want to deal with voltage, at least for now. I wann, just set camp and go on.

Hello, I bought g.skill 7600mhz + 13900k + z790 hero. But it cant be stable at 7600mhz xmp1-xmp2-xmp tweaked. Do you have any suggestions for me ? What should i change ? VDD-VDDQ-SA-IVR-Memory Control Voltage ?