cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory errors

Hopper64
Level 15
I just received my z690 maximus extreme and trying corsair memory on it. Testing with memtest86 9.3 pro outside windows. No OS installed yet. I just flashed shamino’s latest bios posted above. I guess RMA is in order? I have XMP II enabled here. Would that make a difference? Or test at default settings?

90912*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
37 REPLIES 37

bsod with xmp 1 or 2, corsair ddr5.

eigo_otaku wrote:
bsod with xmp 1 or 2, corsair ddr5.

Is your system stable (no BSOD) with no OC (XMP not enabled)?

rjbarker wrote:
Is your system stable (no BSOD) with no OC (XMP not enabled)?

Yea very stable.

eigo_otaku wrote:
Yea very stable.

You are in good company.

darth_meh wrote:
FYI - I was able to pass MemTest86 numerous times with XMP enabled, but as soon as I tried running Windows I started getting all kinds of blue screens. When I disabled XMP, Windows was totally stable.

Hello,

This is because Memtest86 has limited scope when it comes to testing memory stability outside of Windows, and should really be used to test if sticks are faulty or not, without XMP or any overclocking active.

I still recommend Karhu Ram Test, however, there are other options available.

Falkentyne wrote:
I've always used XMP I profile ever since 10900k. I've never used XMP II. I'm not even sure what the difference is between them.

Hello, the difference is the same as it was on older platforms. XMP1, every time a board is validated, this profile is the one used by the memory vendor and ASUS.

XMP2 is the default DIMM profile. These settings are not validated, so mileage will vary depending on the kit and CPU.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

This is because Memtest86 has limited scope when it comes to testing memory stability outside of Windows, and should really be used to test if sticks are faulty or not, without XMP or any overclocking active.

I still recommend Karhu Ram Test, however, there are other options available.

Hello, the difference is the same as it was on older platforms. XMP1, every time a board is validated, this profile is the one used by the memory vendor and ASUS.

XMP2 is the default DIMM profile. These settings are not validated, so mileage will vary depending on the kit and CPU.

Perfect explanation !!!

Hopper64
Level 15
Memtest just finished with 4 passes, no errors, XMP I bios 0702. I’ll try 0002 again tomorrow.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

TOMMYX
Level 7
i have the Z690 -A Gaming Wifi D4,but i cant find the VDD, VDDQ voltage and the System Agent Voltage Settings in the bios Settings (Bios V.0808)

TOMMYX wrote:
i have the Z690 -A Gaming Wifi D4,but i cant find the VDD, VDDQ voltage and the System Agent Voltage Settings in the bios Settings (Bios V.0808)

Hello,

These voltages (VDD, VDDQ) are specific to DDR5 boards. Check for VCCSA in the Extreme Tweaker menu
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

These voltages (VDD, VDDQ) are specific to DDR5 boards. Check for VCCSA in the Extreme Tweaker menu

ok,many thanks:)