cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Z790 dark hero default intel bios settings

Phunction
Level 9

So, I was one of the lucky ones that has been getting the blue screen of death and app crashes, most likely due to the default bios setting issue with the i9 14900k series.

I installed the latest bios update for the board that comes with the new Intel Baseline Profile option.

So far so good, no app crashes yet.

My main question, I have 6800MHz ram and it is currently running at 4800Mhz, is there a way to bump that back to 6800 without messing up the cpu configuration, I am assuming they go hand in hand but I wanted to check and make sure?

I don't think Intel has come up with any fix yet for this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

williaml99
Level 7

I would just enable XMP II to start with. This does not conflict with the intel bassline profile. If you are happy with the settings that is great. But since that profile was made Intel has released a performance and extreme setting that still should protect chip, provide stability and get a little better performance.  Rambling about the new Intel 13th/14th gen Intel recommended default settings : r/intel (reddit.com)

image001_680px.png (680×293) (anandtech.com) I had to RMA an I9 1300k and a I9 1400K. The replacements are working great with the new Intel settings so far. Best of luck! 

Technically speaking this is untrue as anything beyond what Intel has outlined there is an overclock due to the necessity to increase the associated voltage rails for stability. Some users getting caught up in the "out of the box overclock" debate fail to even realise the CPU is overclocked as soon as they enable XMP.  VDD2, and VCCSA both scale with memory frequency. So in actual fact, none of these profiles are strictly within spec for anyone if applying memory overclocking.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

What I said is that's what I would do. Have a Happy Memorial Day. If I did not say it clear enough, I will try to do better.

Thats what I would do. Both of you have a great day.