cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus HERO Z790 USB PENDRIVE empty!

crazymouse69
Level 9

Hello everybody! In my third Mobo Maximus HERO Z790 the USB pendrive is empty! I know isn't necesary to start after a fresh installlation but i would like to have it just in case i should find problems in future. There are someone can help me? Grazie Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

JohnAb
Level 17

It's probably OK.

My USB drive from Asus has two partitions. One is a normal (blank) partition which you can use as you wish, but the other shows as a read-only CD drive. Right click on that, select 'show more options' and then 'open' to see the files. If you double click on the CD drive it will probably try and run setup.exe by default. 

There is no way way to change the 'CD partition' style, I think it's set up on the USB stick at manufacture, but you can copy all of the files off of there if you wish (or use them directly from that location).  

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3101, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2330, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

crazymouse69
Level 9

I'm really sorry. Yuo right! Just i was on a friend laptop and autorun was off. Sorry again and ty very much.