cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximums Z690 Apex (A Debug error d6)

LDFiberman1
Level 7
Installed a new system....
I'm getting a Debug "d6" error on boot...

I purchased this motherboard through "Newegg". It came from a company called First Blood out of Australia. My main questions is, how were they able to sell me a product from Australia, When I live the United States??
I submitted a request with ASUS for support, got a response back, saying I have no support for it, because its was not purchase in the Untied States or Canada.... I have to go back the seller.

So far the seller has had me do an Bios Update to 1601, didn't work, then they had me go back to Bios 1003 and take one of the memory cards out, still get the "D6".
Looking at other forums I believe this is a video issue?
I have installed a EVGA RTX 3080 WTF3, EVGA RTX 2080, EVGA GTX 1080Ti. I have installed all of these video cards in another computer and the work fine.......

I have installed Parts as Follow:
ASUS ROG MAximus Z690 APEX - Ser# MAMCFMxxxxxxxxW Part# 90MB18I0-M0UAY0
Intel Core i9-12900KS
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB F5-5600J3036D32GX2-TZ5RK - Memory
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Video Card
NZXT Kraken Z Series Z63 280mm - RL-KRZ63-01 AIO Cooler
Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe 1.4 3D TLC (SSD) ZP1000GM3A013
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200w - PS-TPG-1200F1FAPU-1

After the third try, I have taken out the motherboard out of the case, put it on the workbench.
Pulled the battery for 9 hrs, have only 1 stick of Memory (swapped them both) and hooked up a different power supply, Seagate SSR 1000 TR.
Then re-stalled battery.
Started up, go's through a series of debug numbers, then will stop on Debug "d6" with a "LED white on" then a "LED green next to white, then go's no further..... as in the picture....

Has any one run into this issue? Help would greatly be appreciated....
18 REPLIES 18

iBruceypoo wrote:
Man, that is rough, no support from Asus?

Wow, those 3rd party sharks on Newegg and Amazon are simply gawd awful to buy from. They usually surface when Newegg is out of stock.

Only add to cart when the item clearly states "ships and sold from Newegg"

Hope you get this issue resolved ROG brother. 🙂

Thanks iBruceypoo...

I'm trying to keep an upbeat..... I tried to do a ASUS Tech support about three days ago.... when I entered the serial number, it came back as not supported, because it came from Europe, and to go back to the seller.... Because I was in the United States.

Yesterday I sent Newegg, a support ticket about this issue, could not believe they where doing business with companies outside of the United States & Canada.
I thought Newegg used to have a website for Europe purchasing? as well as one for United States and Canada. There was no cross purchasing....

I have purchase a lot, and I mean a lot of products from them and this is the first I heard of this.. Well anyway, Newegg ask me to show them what ASUS had said, so I went back to ASUS tech support, when I entered the serial number again this time it took it. So I filled out a Support Ticket, so maybe good news, not sure yet.

The only thing I can think of at the time, is maybe First Blood, opened ASUS ticket so I could submit one.....:confused: The curious thing is, First Blood has not responded back to me for the last four days.....:confused:

But maybe I'll here from ASUS.

Well it's been this many weeks...weeks:mad: have had no help from First Blood of Australia, that the motherboard came from. ASUS told me they can't help me in the USA because it was purchased through Newegg, from a company in Australia, However Newegg told me it was purchased in the USA, but I told them if you Look at the purchase it was shipped from Australia.

Now it's been escaladed to second tier support??? never heard of that, but you Know??

So now I'm in limbo waiting for a response from Newegg with this issue, but I have to wait 3-7 business days, but was told never takes this long, however it's been 5 now.....so....???

"New World Order" ....

Makes me think stupide.... and this we need a class action law suite with al this issue now with ASUS. I know Taboo.....

But I'm just:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LDFiberman1 wrote:
Now it's been escaladed to second tier support??? never heard of that, but you Know??

That's usually a good thing. I don't know Newegg's internal support structure, but typical corporate support departments are:

First tier: Junior staff, basically follow the script, give out standard solutions to standard problems, very limited authorisation or decision making power. Part of their role is to filter out the simple and dumb stuff, so the more senior and experienced people don't spend time on that.
Second tier: Senior staff, a bit of experience, deal with problems that need a bit more thinking and maybe need something a little off-script. A bit more authorisation and decision power.
Third tier: Tech gurus, can count backwards in binary, deal with the interesting problems that need their skills. Sometimes there are experts in particular products or systems. Quite a lot of authorisation and decision power, but they use it wisely.

Companies vary a lot, that's just typically how it goes, some might not have a 3rd tier, just technical manager or something like that. Yours is a problem case, not something first tier can really handle, so it's moving towards people who might be able to help in some way. In a smoothly running support department, most cases are solved by first tier.

The problem with both Amazon and Newegg is when you're not buying direct from them, they are just being an eBay clone and taking a transaction fee. Some of their marketplace sellers are more legit businesses than others. I often see reputable companies that I know and trust pop up on Amazon, in the sea of random scalpers and unknown sellers; you need to be wary of it and check unknown sellers out as if it was an eBay listing. You do get some protection from the site operators, but they are ultimately just brokering the sale between you and the company listing it.

JBBlack
Level 8
Really? is this the KS you have? i9 12900KS:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/225916/intel-core-i912900ks-processor-30m-cache...

This is the one I looked up before replying, and it says it has Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® UHD Graphics 770 Unless there is another i9 12900KS?

That sucks that the Apex doesn't have a video port though, the one thing I did't check lol (and I have one here in the box....lol), anyways, I thought it was worth a try, keep at it you will get it figured out.

And yes, Newegg should have to warrantee EVERYTHING they sell through their site, they seem to be trying to be more and more like Amazon, but it's not working for them.
ASUS Maximus Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; ASUS Strix 4080 OC RTX ; 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz XMP1 ; Samsung 980 Pro Gen4/Windows 11 Pro ; Creative AE-7 ; 2-2TB Samsung 970- Evo in DIMM.2 ; Dual LG 4k Screens ; EVGA 1300P+

JBBlack wrote:
Really? is this the KS you have? i9 12900KS:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/225916/intel-core-i912900ks-processor-30m-cache...

This is the one I looked up before replying, and it says it has Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® UHD Graphics 770 Unless there is another i9 12900KS?

That sucks that the Apex doesn't have a video port though, the one thing I did't check lol (and I have one here in the box....lol), anyways, I thought it was worth a try, keep at it you will get it figured out.

And yes, Newegg should have to warrantee EVERYTHING they sell through their site, they seem to be trying to be more and more like Amazon, but it's not working for them.

JBBlack I stand corrected.... you seem to be right about the i9-12900KS. But the ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 APEX has no video ports on the board.

But now I'm wondering if this is an issue with this motherboard. Because it doesn't have video port, and there a conflict with the circuitry in the design??? using the i9-12900KS

I have read on other forums and didn't see this to be an issue, but just wondering:confused:

LDFiberman1 wrote:
JBBlack I stand corrected.... you seem to be right about the i9-12900KS. But the ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 APEX has no video ports on the board.

But now I'm wondering if this is an issue with this motherboard. Because it doesn't have video port, and there a conflict with the circuitry in the design??? using the i9-12900KS

I have read on other forums and didn't see this to be an issue, but just wondering:confused:

I was thinking the same thing, and possibly one way that might be an issue is if the BIOS upgrade didn't take for some reason, making the board not properly see your CPU.

I have never used that EZ flash thing(?) before so I'm not fully sure how it works, I would try it again fiashing it to the 1601 BIOS, and give it extra time to complete, clear the CMOS (again) and give it one more shot.

Otherwise, hopefully you will get to talk to an ASUS tech.

I wish you the best.
ASUS Maximus Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; ASUS Strix 4080 OC RTX ; 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz XMP1 ; Samsung 980 Pro Gen4/Windows 11 Pro ; Creative AE-7 ; 2-2TB Samsung 970- Evo in DIMM.2 ; Dual LG 4k Screens ; EVGA 1300P+

bscool
Level 11
I was thinking it is probably a refurb or returned Apex as the 2021 Apex are known to have issues(weak chA/#1 slot) and chance of buying a new one now is slim.

Have you tried removing NVME drive and booting. I remember some having and issue with certain NVME drives. Probably wont fix it but worth a try.

Otherwise no idea other than maybe a bent cpu pin? Have you checked that? They can be hard to see.

bscool
Level 11
Another idea order cheap g7400 to test to rule out CPU issue. Not ideal but without parts to try it is hard to rule out what is the cause CPU or MB.

Hopper64
Level 15
The only other thing I can think of with regard to the original error code is the dp cable. Maybe try an HDMI cable? You tried several video cards, but was the testing with the same dp or HDMI cable?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro