cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many missing devices in Device Manager - Z790 ProART

BaronBlake
Level 7

Just finished a new build, z790 ProArt - Windows 10 install, installed all listed drivers and ran windows update. Even after all of this I still have a number of missing devices:

4 listed as just PCI Device, RAID Controller, SM BUS Controller, Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller, unknown Device

Not really sure whats left to do, again I have tired all the drives listed on the support page. Any help would be great.

8 REPLIES 8

JeremiahBarlow
Level 7

I had the same issue with Windows 11 same Asus ProArt Z790-CREATOR WiFi board .   

Then I found this information and it helped a bunch. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19347/chipset-inf-utility.html

mindopera
Level 7

I am having the same issue, but I think I may know what it is for you BaronBlake.  You must install Armoury Crate.  From my recollection, it will see those missing drivers and install them.  I hate software like Armoury Crate because it adds needless junk to your computer, so once I get the drivers I will uninstall the Armoury Crate software.  If you are doing gaming and more personal things you might want to keep it because will keep drivers up to date.  I hope this helps you.

JohnAb
Level 17

I use Armoury Crate for the same reason. It makes a fresh Windows install go smoothly and saves a lot of time. After that, if you want the latest drivers get them from MoKiChU's threads. You can then use the Armoury Crate uninstaller if you don't want to use it any more, but I like it personally and it causes me no issues at all.  

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3501, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

z790 use 3 main driver. MEI, Chipset and IO.   I think there is another one i think the TB (thunderbolt)

Learn, Play Enjoy!

I'm having an issue getting the IO drive to install. 

If your IO drivers package is like mine, try running the install.bat file instead of asussetup .exe - from memory I think it's a silent install, so the drivers might only show as updated after a reboot. If not, you could also try running both files as admin. The other thing that might help is to go to Device Manager, look in system devices and try updating the drivers manually for the GPIO controller. Click on update drivers and then browse to the downloaded drivers folder. Not certain if this will help, but worth a try. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3501, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

sprogis10
Level 8

If not tired already. Download and install the first driver release and then update to the latest driver.

That has work for me in the past.

sprogis10
Level 8

If not, you can go over to the Intel driver update utility assist page and see what missing and or Windows update does have another tab for optional updates which include driver update too.