cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
138 REPLIES 138

re install windows, fixed my bios issues. i know it is a pain, but use the restore option that keeps your files and such, but removes all else. goodluck!

CriticalHit_NL
Level 8
I own a Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme and I have a few things to say that could be better in future products.

1: Audio:
I miss the easy equalizer settings Realtek had with older boards e.g "powerful" mode with ALC892 from Asus Sabertooth X79.
The current equalizer presets available in Sonic Suite are not sounding as good requiring manual tweaking.

2: Internal USB 2.0 headers:
It is a shame that even boards like the Rampage V Extreme X99 only had 1 header and this board has two.
One watercooler may already require two headers on it's own and you may require extra for case RGB control and such.

So maybe create a ROG branded USB 2.0 hub that is an accessoire coming with the motherboard.
I had to buy NZXT Internal USB 2.0 hub to get around this issue because of Corsair H170i requiring two (with own Y-splitter to use one) and one for Corsair link and case RGB control attached to NZXT hub.

I understand due to space limitations and newer generation USB connections it's not possible to fit onboard but please attempt to give alternative ways of connectivity for these type of devices.

3: SATA-connectivity:
I'd like to see atleast 8 SATA-ports like older boards used to have, going back to 6-SATA ports is a downgrade compared to Asus Sabertooth X79.
There is still people out there that enjoy having a lot of storage internally and not necessarily M.2.
Now only Pro-ART series has enough ports.

4: The ROG DIMM.2 and M.2 connectivity:
To counter limited SATA-ports to expand it with M.2 PCI-E to SATA-600 adapter it was attempted to fit in ROG DIMM.M2
Unfortunately plastic covers of the motherboard are blocking the SATA-connectors on adapter so it won't fit.

Maybe in future products this could be thought of to have M.2 cards positioned higher inside the ROG DIMM.2 to avoid possible blocking of non-SSD components.
This also counts for onboard M.2 slots at PCI-E slots, these connectors do not allow connecting because onboard connector is positioned in such a way SATA-ports must point down the board.
This limits the flexibility of using these M.2 ports.

5: Onboard GPU connectivity:
Give atleast two connectors with a choice between either DisplayPort or HDMI, this board only has one HDMI but no displayport.

6: Rear I/O connectivity
Aside of analog-audio having LED illumination, maybe all ports could be outlined/illuminated in their respective port colours or ROG colour scheme.

My proposed enhancements...

• Provide proper heat sink for the PCH chipset. Nothing bothers me than seeing my CPU at 40+C and the PCH at 60+C.
  • Provide a small LCD screen to show key motherboard status such as POST status while booting, CPU, GPU temperature, etc. that users can install at the front of the casing. Best if this can be done without installing additional software (i.e., draw the data directly from BIOS or Windows)
  • Move all NVME drives from the motherboard to a PCIE interface card to allow easy replacement and upgrade (e.g., able to move the card to a new motherboard when upgrading instead of needing to remove and reinstall the drives one by one). The PCIE interface card should be able to support six to eight slots for NVME drives. If this can be done, it would be timely to reduce to two or one SATA ports and re-direct all the bandwidth to the PCIE.

use a 

ACTIMED NVMe PCIe Adapter M.2 SSD to PCI-e/Powerful Heat Sink Dissipation/PCIE X1 Interface Compatible with PCI-e Slots X1, X4, X8, X16 / for M-Key M.2 SSD / 2230 2242 2260 2280 / Toolkit Included  i didnt post the link, put your m.2 to sata adpater on there.  i have the same board, it needs the video input for thunderbolt, like you would have on a pcie thunderbolt card. i cant use my pcie 5.0 nvme, cause i have the ekwb active backplane on my 4090, and can only put in the second gpu slot. There is all kinds of crazy usb adapters, if you look around, ive bought most because of similar problems, the nzxt is the best. i got adapters for adapters. 🙂 

Shinchan0125
Level 10
close proximity of M.2 Slot next to GPU and PCH heat sink. On Z790 Hero. The large PCH heat sink make it unable to install active cooling heatsink for M.2. Not only that. M.2 are right next to GPU, which doesnt help with cooling.

Uno61385
Level 8
A few suggestions, on the rog strix z690-I.

1. Better heatsink/thermal pads for the chipset as others have mentioned throughout this thread.
2. Smaller wifi antenna. Perhaps something a bit more sleek looking, just overall smaller in size. Not a huge deal though to be honest.
3. Better location on future z series mini-itx motherboards for the cmos battery. I don't like having to remove/replace parts on a motherboard to be able to reach the cmos battery. This would be a big quality of life improvement on future mini-itx motherboards if it is possible to do.

trihy
Level 9
Consider offering more premium boards with realtek network products.

I know Intel made it look more premium, but all their network products are problematic and trash level.

Wifi trash.

BT trash.

Ethernet no need to tell.

SpiderCorsa
Level 7

Hi All, My idea (I hope it wasn't suggested yet) is a protection against badUSB:

It could be turn on from the BIOS security menu. Every motherboard could have a unique, factory generated PIN code (the default could practically printed somewhere on the board), and if this feature has turned on and you're connecting a keyboard, you must need to enter this PIN first from the connected keyboard.

Redmaligator
Level 9

More concise XMP overclocking profiles. Also support for GSkill DDR5 7800 and 8000.

I have:
GSkill Trident Z5 F5-7800J3646H16GX2-Tz5RK
DDR5 7800 16GBx2
CL36-46-46-125 1.45v

Hello,

1) Can you elaborate on this? What do you feel constitutes as “concise”?

2) 7800-8000 for which board? Only the Apex is validated for 8000MT

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090