cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
138 REPLIES 138

Raad11 wrote:
Also please make PCIE card eject button standard on everything.

This.

Upgrade DisplayPort to 2.1

Fix the issue with; ADVANCED>SYSTEM AGENT CONFIGUARATION>PRIMARY DISPLAY>

I've ran into an issue with the my Z690-E bios splash screen not showing up prior to booting Windows 11. The issue is very simple and related to the bios settings ADVANCED>SYSTEM AGENT CONFIGUARATION>PRIMARY DISPLAY>CPU. I have tried multiple times to change the setting from CPU to PCI-E and even AUTO. Each time the system reverts the setting back to CPU. This only allows me to enter bios whilst changing my DisplayPort from the GPU to the motherboards on board graphics via CPU.

You can post windows via onboard graphics and install the GPU drivers. After that, I'm able to boot the computer and it will post windows via GPU. However I have to plug the display cable into the motherboard every time I need to register the splash screen to enter bios. I'm currently seeking information on how to fix the BIOS issue.

turn off fast startup. maybe that will help, i allways do, cause it skips stuff to boot faster.

Hy.
Please add a BIOS option to control the PCH fan speed (as the others fans).
Or a way to do this with AI Fan controler.
The PCH fan is a little bit too noisy and I don't want to use some "tweaked BIOS"...
Thanks.
Nicolas

my 2c:

1. At least one more fan curve point for better control over fan speed
2. thermistor input should be on all motherboards with overclocking capabilities, especially now that water cooling is becoming a necessity.
3. Better BIOS documentation (especially when meaning of auto changes from version to version), warning if bios update cannot be reverted

Hopper64
Level 15
My new z690EG has no way to swap bios versions except by using the button on the motherboard itself. There’s no way to change bios chips via the bios which needs to be implemented again and standard for all ROG boards. With my vertical gpu mount in place, I can’t get to the switch to change bios chips.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

FireRx
Level 11
will the Rampage Extreme line ever return? Like for Raptor Lake and Meteor Like CPU's , Hiya Hopper, long time no see
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Hopper64
Level 15
Been around. Switched to z590 and now z690. Big improvement over my rampage boards. Loved those too though. 🙂
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Adrian1983
Level 10
For the love of GOD why is there still no option in the bios to disable M2 NVME Drives? Please forward this as I have the Strix Z690 Gaming A with 4 M2 Slot and I have them all filled I then proceeded to try and install Windows 11 and it will not allow me to install Windows 11 with multiple SSD's/NVME's attached I had to remove every single M2 Drive from the motherboard and pull of the thermal material from my brand new 980 Pro's.

Do the BIOS team know how much a pain in the ass this is? This is not a new issue it has been going on since M2 and SSD drives existed and the issue of trying to install a clean OS to one of these drives, Why is it so difficult to implement a bios switch to completely disable SSD's and M22 drives?

Undertoker
Level 9
Perhaps consider releasing boards that actually run memory in all four sockets at the advertised speeds
Z690 is proving a nightmare for memory - now is that down to the board and bios or the memory ?

I ask as I see loads of issues relating to memory on z690, far more than is usual or normal for a new platform.
Before looking for suggestions about new features I’d suggest actually getting the current ones advertised to do as it says on the box tbh
Once that has been achieved only then should you look at adding new bells and whistles - that my penneth*
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard