cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
138 REPLIES 138

hdtvnut
Level 7
The Hero (date 2022-01) I got has a considerable warp around the CPU socket, making it necessary to adjust the post heights for an even paste job. Further, a better ILM is needed from your suppliers that doesn't induce a concave shape in the IHS. QA isn't in keeping with the huge price increase.

xeromist
Some posts removed. Please stay on the topic of feature suggestions. Thank you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

THETCR
Level 8
The best thing ASUS can do is start by keeping their dependencies(software) up-to-date. This includes drivers etc.
For the past twenty years that I've used their hardware they have had this bad practice and it leads to instability (especially when OEMs modify the code bases provided by Intel/AMD).
Setting up some proper CI/CD and keeping everything up-to-date would be a clear win.

alessast
Level 9
Please add to BIOS menu:

"Save settings and shut down"

There are so many time I just want to save BIOS settings and shut down the PC..
Why is there no option to do so?

One example is every time i change V/F curves settings voltages on the Z690 Extreme it does not apply on reboot..

I need to shut down the PC completely after BIOS setting for V/F curves voltages to apply..

I just waste so much time rebooting, then trying to shut down the PC again just to apply BIOS settings..

i don't understand why such a feature is not present on the Z690 Extreme..

Suggestion:

Fix broken xmp on z690 motherboards, 0807 bios was working fine, bios 2004 and 2103 not!

Memory used: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/166/1620122001/F4-4400C17D-32GTZR

re install windows, fixed my bios issues. i know it is a pain, but use the restore option that keeps your files and such, but removes all else. goodluck! 

raybantracing
Level 8
I suggest to create motherboards that works well and I suggest to stop using RGB on your products until you will be able to make RGB that works.

RGB on your products stops every n minutes, if you are not able to control RGB or make it working, just stop using it 🙂

xeromist
All, just a reminder that this thread is for feature suggestions. Problem reports are handled through ASUS Support and will be deleted from this thread as off-topic. Thank you.

IT_Troll
Level 10
1. PCH - Better chipset cooling, don't clad it in plastic and RGB. 100°C is not OK.
2. Realtek USB Audio - Allow Spatial audio to be used on rear analogue output.
3. Front Panel Connections - Use a right angle connector for USB. Asus Q Connector should be supplied with all motherboards.

It's more of a bug report than a suggestion, but please, could you have a look at AI OC feature on Z790 boards with i9-13900K? Specifically Z790 MAXIMUS HERO. I tried like 3-4 last test bioses released on this forum, even stable version but I just can't make it work properly with chromium and electron apps. Intel ME and all other drivers are up to date. Windows 11 22H2 (updated) - all the specs are on my profile for more info.

The only BIOS version that worked correctly for me was 0502 - which is outdated and I need those other fixes in newer bioses, so I would prefer to wait without AI OC on for now until fixed.

Tried all XMP profiles - even with XMP off, but when AI OC is turned on, no matter what, it just crashes those apps I mentioned randomly (those that uses chromium or electron, like chrome tabs, discord, etc.). All memtest always passed multiple times. GPU OC is also off to test if it would work with no luck.