cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
138 REPLIES 138

Raad11
Level 7
Put even more resources into memory compatibility. The boards seemed great out of the gate, like Asus knew people will be using DDR4 a lot and trying to push them in Gear 1 as much as possible, so someone obviously tweaked the board for Cas 14 to work more easily (sometimes more easily than Cas 15) at these speeds (4000+). But for some reason, compatibility has gone up and down with each subsequent BIOS release rather than just becoming universally better. I'm sure there's room for improvement to increase frequencies, lower timings and/or voltages just a tad over the 0707 BIOS but I still think it's the most widely used for overclocking DDR4.

And please keep making more DDR4 versions of higher end boards until DDR5 comes down in price.

Please make the little LED code display thing and onboard CMOS reset and power buttons or BIOS flashback standard on all Z-series chipset motherboards, not just Maximus.

Also, prices. I'm asking to make features standard on today's Prime/Strix/TUF boards that are $200-$350 that were standard on yesterday's $300 Maximus boards from a few years ago. As everyone knows, economy worldwide isn't great. Inflation has risen faster than wages, pandemic, etc and so on. There's still plenty of features to leave exclusive to Maximus, but these (PCIE eject button, LED code display, CMOS reset button, BIOS flashback) are kind of critical to basic use and overclocking which is what Z series chipset is for (or even B/H chipsets if you're overclocking memory).

Z690I Gaming Wifi. Stacked M2 slots and the sata card are the worst idea ever. Terrible cooler compatibility because of the height. The M2 stack is having so many problems for many people, it should be recalled and replaced with a correct working design. This board costs $650 AUD is my area has no backplate like all the other ITX boards out there. The build quality is also really bad with this board.

Needs reinforced 24pin/usb3/memory slots (you do the 8pin but not the 24 weird)
A backplate like all the other ITX boards on the market.
Go back to the old layout with no stacked or raised cards. m2_2 on the rear.
Reduce the cost, Your parts cost too much for what you get.
The promotion photos of this board also show that in the m.2 stack and the IO cover are a color logo (by rgb lighting or print-green/red/yellow/white) but is not the case. its more a mirror and white logo. Looks nothing like the promotion image. Even with a case with RGB lighting right next to it. Just has a mirror effect.

Raad11
Level 7
Also please make PCIE card eject button standard on everything. I already broke the tab on my Z690M-Plus D4 board when trying to remove a card, ugh.

Had no end of trouble with this n TWO IDENTICAL MOTHERBOARDS. Move my 1080Ti into my old X99-S motrherboard and all is fine. Back in the ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMIUNG WIFI D4 and I have to be quick booting the thing before my monitor goes to sleep or I get the dreaded bright white LED and no boot into bios. WIndows 10 has NO TROUBLE waking the monitor afterwards though ! (yet white LED stays on !!). Clearly a 1504 bios issue.

PLEASE add into next update !
i9-13900kf, Asus Rog Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4, Team Group PC4-28800c16 @3600, Seagate Firecuda 530 2Tb, 850W Seasonic PrimeTX.

Asus should stop babysitting us and tell us how low we can set our Fan speed in the BIOS.
Why do i need to have 3 case fans running a 33% (600RPM) when the CPU is idling at 46C?

For those of us running silent builds, often the PCH Fans are the loudest part of our system these days.

I have an ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) and wish I could decrease the noise coming from the PCH Fan.

We don't want to use a modded BIOS like this and void warranty:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/mod-bios-asus-x570-rog-crosshair-viii-hero-wi-fi-formu...

I would rather not risk something going wrong or not using an official BIOS. So please at least ADD a silent PCH feature mode where the PCH Fans on the high-end boards run at lower speeds and make less noise until a certain temperature is reached, like 75°C.

My chipset temps never go above 58°C, but the fan noise is really annoying and unnecessary. I'd rather it runs slightly hotter and receive less noise.

Ive came back to ASUS after bad experiences with Gigabyte (Z590) and previously with ASRock. I had good memories about ASUS products, and hardware wise, my experience was a lot better than with the mentioned 2 manufacturers.

But one thing just doesnt fit the whole image: It's your software. Armoury Crate - and also partially AI Suite (a lot better than AC, but still) don't match the level of the boards. Since I had my Z590 Hero (very early after release), Armoury Crate came up with a new UI etc. - but still is more of a bugfest. Memory accumulation up to over 10GB, uninstallation that doesnt work properly, so you supply a "cleaning tool" - and not even the cleaning tool removes all the leftover services and stuff, still leaving them installed and on autostart - but telling me "successfully uninstalled". Documentations about EZUpdate on Z690 link repository, but EZUpdate not being part of the package (anymore), unsychronized ACPI commands - leading to many unneccessary eventlog entries, integration sdks delivered to third parties for integration, constantly delivering false sensor values. Some of the Armoury Crates internal update mechanisms also spitting out errors. Please, when u know a function doesnt work , simply hide it on update - and remove the corresponding documentation entries for that specific release. Im pretty sure my developer experience is a lot smaller than those of your devs - but there are so many basic principles of software development projects not being followed - and I'm not only talking about the modern principles, I'm also talking about basic ones - like not installing unnecessary modules. Why install RGB RAM services, when I dont use RGB Ram - and even worse: Autostarting them. Simply place the required files within the installation, on startup check for a configuration change - if change and change includes supported RGB RAM , then you can install that service. It's one of these reasons why systems become more and more unpredictable - because everyone is bloating them with unnecessary services, components etc.

There are so many "building sites" within the software(s), but the frequency of updates for those is yet so low - and noticeable improvements or changes are mostly UI.

But thanks for BIOS 1601 - this finally made the auto settings result in stable memory timings/frequencies for 4 x 32GB DDR5 - you saved me another 2 weeks of trying a setting per day and then running the long memtest over night.

Apologies if this has been suggested already, but being able to disable M.2 NVME drives in BIOS would be super helpful. If I install Linux to another drive (even when I set modify boot partition on that drive only) I inevitably find that the Windows EFI bootloader has also been modified. It can be fixed, but so frustrating. If we could disable drives while doing things like that, it would be great. Come on ASUS tech guys, we'd love it if you did this. Could it just be a BIOS update? Even better.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.