cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
143 REPLIES 143

Undertoker wrote:
Perhaps consider releasing boards that actually run memory in all four sockets at the advertised speeds
Z690 is proving a nightmare for memory - now is that down to the board and bios or the memory ?

I ask as I see loads of issues relating to memory on z690, far more than is usual or normal for a new platform.
Before looking for suggestions about new features I’d suggest actually getting the current ones advertised to do as it says on the box tbh
Once that has been achieved only then should you look at adding new bells and whistles - that my penneth*

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

restsugavan
Level 13
Sorry may incorrect forum but there are something ASUS must be urgently fixing all motherboards.

1. ROG DIMM.2 were useless on next Intel 600/700 Series chipset especially ADL-X / SPR -AP.
Could ASUS redesign NVME SSDs PCIE 4.0/5.0 seat like Gigabyte or Asrocks ?
It will better to replace ROG DIMM.2 slot with more DDR5 slots. The place of ROG DIMM.2 bring more heat
when system running. If you running 24/7 the place of ROG DIMM.2 may reduce lifespan of your NVME SSD.

ROG DIMM.2 position from picture above when system running.
Both DIMM.1 and DIMM.2 NVME SSDs were very hot!
( Would you please see underline drives )
It may reduce lifespan of both NVME SSDs.

2. First and Third PCI E x 16 Slot must be far from motherboard logo and buttom of the board for support 4 Slot card such as
RTX 3090Ti / ADA LOVER / HOPPER RTX / AMD RDNA 3 79XTX / Intel Arc 900 Series etc. GPU TDP may go beyond 600W under
Intel ATX 3.0 standard.

3. Redesign VRM heat spreader for Cover ADL-X (16-24 C) / SPR - AP (26-36C ) up to 270 - 350 W TDP.

and the last

" Please do not place CMOS battery just like ASUS RAMPAGE VI Extreme again. It was very terrible and ugly design.
So sad for users whom choose custom loop setup. They'll need to re-build their system for changing CMOS battery only!

😞OMG! Who was the R6E design ? "

OMG WHO DESIGN ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME CMOS Battery placement!? (asus.com)
W11CANARY 26100.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007108 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E Modified BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 552.22 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

hizfather
Level 7
I think it would be really great if you guys could add CPU package temperature as a temperature source for chassis fan curves. Currently, the closest thing is the CPU temperature but that is always much lower (10-20C) than the CPU package. This can easily cause overheating on very expensive water cooling systems where the fan curves are very aggressive. The only other option is to resort to third party fan control software which is really unfortunate when you pay for a $1000 motherboard.

From a naive POV this seems like a really good bang-for-your-buck feature and shouldn't be too hard to implement (?).

trihy
Level 9
Add adaptive voltage to b660 like every other manufacturer.

I have never in my whole life had this much problem and hassle when using a new mobo/cpu. z690-a gaming wifi d4 proved to be a nightmare I never imagined! I thought maybe getting a rog strix board is a good idea, what could go wrong! damn nearly everything went wrong!
please tell them to think before bundling things as a motherboard.
I never would have thought my aircooler wont fit !
and I never would have thought I'd have this many instability going on with this board!
really disappointed so far. this does not clearly meet the quality level I remember from asus

Master. wrote:
I have never in my whole life had this much problem and hassle when using a new mobo/cpu. z690-a gaming wifi d4 proved to be a nightmare I never imagined! I thought maybe getting a rog strix board is a good idea, what could go wrong! damn nearly everything went wrong!
and I never would have thought I'd have this many instability going on with this board!
really disappointed so far. this does not clearly meet the quality level I remember from asus

Hello,

Really going to need some more context. You've not even specified which cooler you're talking about.

Thanks
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Really going to need some more context. You've not even specified which cooler you're talking about.

Thanks

Thanks for reminding me, it was DeepCool's Assassin III.

Is there any eta on a bios update which fixes the AMD stutter issue in Windows 11 for Prime TRX-40 pro Motherboards? It was supposed to be released in may by AMD and I believe many motherboards have gotten the fix all ready.

Master. wrote:

If you are migrating your old CPU cooler from previous system from last generation of CPU. It because your cooler mounting bracket not able to fit in LGA1700 socket. You need a cooler or CPU bracket for LGA1700. What is has to do with Asus Z690 different variant series mother board.

trihy
Level 9
That motherboard has mounting holes for 1200 coolers too. So it should fit, but I ll be surprised if barely fit.

Quality went downhill on this series.

Ram doesnt click, usb ports are rough and hard as f. Bet they went for the cheapest supplier in town.