cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Motherboard Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
147 REPLIES 147

No language barrier, I think you simply didn't fully understand what's considered overclocking. ASUS manipulates the core voltage for a reason. All the auto rules for voltage follow a similar principle to ensure the majority of users don't encounter issues. If everyone ran their systems at complete operating defaults, I'd understand the suggestion.

For clarification, whereas the other behaviour options are static AC/DC load-line presets, "Trained" is determined by the AI algorithm, and follows the LL value, core frequency and cooler performance.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

You are correct. Reading around a bit more, it sounds like in fact Intel Fail Safe is going to degrade my CPU seriously and kill it over time. Sigh. So much to learn here.

I will take this up in a different thread if needed, thank you again for your expertise!

It won’t make any tangible difference to its usable lifespan, however, use the behaviour setting that works best for your setup.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

jkamer
Level 8

biggest thing Asus could do is improve their instruction mb books even their water cooler has limited info thanks, you wish they show or say better in their book found out since.

The 24 Pin powers the MB and 

two 8 Pin powers the CPU 

these newer mb have lots of connections compared to 14 years ago when i build my last one thank you in your reply

1TM1TM
Level 11

1) Why not make BIOS more organized by grouping settings for CPU OC and for DDR5 OC (ones that make a difference) :

• In the Advanced-Tweaker, group the five key DDR5 voltages (VDD, VDDQ, SA, Transmit, IMC) close to each other rather than in voltages, advanced voltages across several submenus. Also bring just the timings that matter for DDR5 (tCL, tRCDrd,tRCDwr, tRFC2, tREFI, tRDRDsg, tRDWRsg, tRDWRdg) closer to each other.

• Same for CPU OC - group relevant OC stuff in one menu, not across multiple BIOS submenus.

2) Make HIVE great again - let user tune voltage (as TX for DDR5) by rotating the knob (up to a reasonable max preset in BIOS) rather than speaker volume, while running memory test (either built in from BIOS  or external in  OS). HIVE dial is on a clicky discrete sensor, so it would work great. Ideally, each of the seven (if VDD VDDQ separate for each of memory stick).

christian_roth
Level 8

Only one request:

Optimized cable management. Connectors at the back of the board or on the side. The only board that offers this partly is the 1k+ version.

Melina
Level 10

This isn’t just ASUS but a whole standard: there has GOT to be a better connector than the one used for 20GB USB. I’m always having fun trying to align all those tiny pins in cramped spaces. It’s anti-USB in its nature. BE GONE CONNECTOR! 🙂

Ghost101
Level 7

Requesting for ROG STRIX B660-F

My CPU = Intel i9-12900KF

Memory Sticks = 2X 16GB Corsair CMH32GX5MB6000C40

I purchased Corsair ram and couldn't boot the PC. I inserted a Kingston DDR5 ram stick and was able to boot the PC. I updated the BIOS to 3010, shut down the PC and inserted the 2X Corsair 16GB dual ram sticks and the computer managed to boot and allowed me to OC to 6000Mhz.

I came by a bit of money and thought I might upgrade and add another 2X Corsair identical 16GB sticks for a total of 64Gb, but the computer wouldn't boot, no matter what I tried (including BIOS settings and resetting default values) I couldn't get 4X sticks to work. I updated the BIOS to 3202 but still no luck.

If possible, please add compatibility of this ram in an upcoming BIOS update QVL. Thank you

jkamer
Level 8

I would love to see them improve the stability on the DDR 5 memory.  

also improve.  the connections area feel they have gone cheap and improve the connections to mb.  

feel their software could be improved maybe making the light and fan side more stable and maybe improve their satiability with courser too since they have a patch however really hard to get working. 

BastianF
Level 8

Here are my points:
1.) Onboard GPU connectivity

At at least two connectors to the boards. Which person really use only one screen these days? I personally would by the way prefer USB-C as that seamed to be the future and there are USB-C to DisplayPort as well USB-C to HDMI cable on the market.

2.) RAM White vs. Black on the Compatibility List

If you add some RAM to the compatibility list add the white and the black edition. Could there be really that much difference in a color from the head spreader? Maybe the RAM vendor itself might help here and give you the OK to add the black edition as well when you finally only tested the white edition as he should be able to give you the information that the PCB RAM Board and Chips are absolutely identically from the technical point of view.

3.) BIOS Backup / 2nd Bios

There are so many persons outside which are afraid of performing a BIOS upgrade. Add a 2nd BIOS which can be used to switch to it once the primary got corrupted somehow. Help to make this the industrial standard so nobody must be afraid of bios updates any longer. This will help to fix so many issues persons have all over.

4.) Hashsum in the download area

I personally like the idea to check the hash from a download like the bios once I flash that into my system. It shouldn´t be such a big deal to create a hashsum on your side and add that to your downloads.

5.) Keep filenames consistent

Sometimes you write "Intel(R) Management Engine" then "Intel Management Engine" and on some places "Intel ME". Could it be so hard to keep filenames on a specified naming concept so that they all look the same in your download area? It makes stuff a lot easier when comparing the driver versions when you do not need to compare different spellings from the drivername itself.

6.) Add a onboard buzzer / speaker

Sometime thinks broke and you do not directly see that. This is due to the reason that you do not use RGB and prefer a closed case. Then you do not see the QLED or any other cool blinking whatever which is added. However a small beep would be great to give you the information that a fan just broke and needs to be replaced. This couldn´t cost that much but would help to avoid much more damage to the overall system. Or adding a simple speaker header, so those persons like me could add a small one on there own if needed.

7.) remove bundled m.2 card

My board came with an ASUS m.2 PCIe card. How many persons really need such a card? Keep them optional and make the board a little bit cheaper. If somebody really need the card they can order one. Avoid that we will create such much trash which isn´t really needed.

7.) Stay on max 2-4 SATA ports

I personally like the idea that there exists a NAS device for a special reason. So there should be no need to add 2x m.2 and more then 2-4x SATA devices to a PC. If a person really need to add a lot of discs to there PC a NAS should be the better option to store all the stuff he need. The NAS has special features which a PC do not have. So avoid that persons try to use there highend PC as NAS only because they can add 6 or more devices to the system. if they really need that, then there would be a PCIe card for there needs.

7.) Add an thermal sensor

If the board has an additional thermal sensor connector then PLEASE add the sensor itself to the board. How much can such a sensor cost on your side? Why do we need to order one from a different vendor?

8.) Keep AIO in mind when designing boards

AIO seamed to become the standard cooling solution. However some board prevent the usage as the RAM, Chipset Cooler, whatever are so near the radiator that an AIO sometimes couldn´t be used. So if you design a PCB board make sure that there is enough space left.

8.) Cable Management from the board

It looks like that a lot of stuff was/is changed in the past 20 years. However not for the cable management. Its the same sh*t like many many years ago. Why couldn´t be there a vendor which comes up with a better and useful option to get that issue sorted out?