cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD display of ROG RYUJIN cooler is very dim: how to make it brighter?

Gedimin
Level 8
Hi Guys,
I have ASUS ROG RYUJIN cooler. The OLED display where it shows CPU temperature is very dim. I can barely see the text. It was much brighter before, but after some update in ARMOURY CRATE it because the way it is now - very very dim. I am searching the forums, and looking at settings, but cannot find a setting to make it brighter.

If anyone knows how to do it please let me know.

Regards
3 REPLIES 3

RogScott
Level 12
On the Ryujin page of AC, above and to the right of the dropdown box where you choose "Hardware Monitor / Image or Animation / Custom", there is a settings button (Gear icon). Click that and you'll get a dialog where you can change the display brightness. Mine is set to 30% and is bright enough to read through the smoked-glass window of my case.

If that doesn't help, try wiggling or removing/replacing the display from the pump. It attaches magnetically, and there are electrical contacts for the display that might not be making good contact.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
On the Ryujin page of AC, above and to the right of the dropdown box where you choose "Hardware Monitor / Image or Animation / Custom", there is a settings button (Gear icon). Click that and you'll get a dialog where you can change the display brightness. Mine is set to 30% and is bright enough to read through the smoked-glass window of my case.

If that doesn't help, try wiggling or removing/replacing the display from the pump. It attaches magnetically, and there are electrical contacts for the display that might not be making good contact.

First of all, thank you for replying with such details.
However, in Armoury Crate I do not see the settings button (Gear icon) above and to the right of the dropdown box where you choose "Hardware Monitor / Image or Animation / Custom".

https://i.imgur.com/TRz7tpN.png

RogScott
Level 12
My apologies -- I assumed (wrongly) you had the newer Ryujiin II series, which has a settings dialog that includes brightness. Sorry, I don't know of any way to increase the brightness on the older Ryujiin -- hopefully someone else here will reply with a solution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3