cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN/Ethernet does not work z690-f

newo555
Level 7
Hi I recently got a z690-f, all is working fine apart from LAN does not work. The moment I install the LAN drivers from asus or intel (tried both) it disables the Ethernet wire on the back of the pc and the lights turn off and it says no cable connected.
The only way I got it kind of working was if I changed the speed and duplex to 10mbps half. This is no good as the speed is 10mbps and can hardly load anything. How do I fix this? I’m running my Ethernet into a splitter box, then into the modem downstairs.
2 REPLIES 2

Rusty_Gunn
Level 8
have you tried a different cable? when you say splitter box, do you mean a switch? it sounds more like an issue with the cabling, not the board.

Rusty_Gunn wrote:
have you tried a different cable? when you say splitter box, do you mean a switch? it sounds more like an issue with the cabling, not the board.

Hi, think ive got it working. i went out and purchased a more updated netgear splitterbox which runs upstairs and ive changed the "speed and duplex" back to normal on the driver within device manager and this time it is working fine. Got a new cat7 cable arriving any minute now also so ill plug this in.