cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a Q Code Question if this behaviour is normal for an Asus Z690 Extreme Mainboard

PuweY
Level 7
First in mind, I have Hybrid Mode off and Fast Boot in Windows is completely disabled.

Everything just works fine and I have no issues at all, it's just a Question if this is normal behaviour.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version.

If I do a cold start of my Computer, my Board shows Q Code: A0

If I do a restart from Windows, my Board shows Q Code: 00

Shouldn't it be always A0 if everything is alright??

Like I said: everything just works fine, I just wanted to know if I should worry about anything or this is mentioned to be like that?

I appreciate any of your experience/information.
3 REPLIES 3

Matt-M79
Level 7
This is happening with both my Z690 Extreme boards as well, on any BIOS. First board was bought in December 2021, the second board in March 2022.

Sometimes they will stay at Qcode A0 and sometimes at 00. Everything works perfect I've had zero problems with either system. One of them was given away, the March build is my current day to day system. The code also changes from A0 to 00 or the other way around when I reboot the system, say after a Windows update.

I have fast startup/hybrid boot disabled in Windows 11 (powercfg /h off) but left fastboot enabled in BIOS.

I can't see any difference in system behaviour whatsoever, all devices are working, PCIe link speeds etc. are identical, performance is the same.

No idea whats causing the board to jump between different Qcodes. I saw a few other users reported this months ago on overclock.net forums.

Since everything works fine I chose to ignore it but I'm still curious whats going on here.

Mine has the same behaviour. Everything works well (apparently) so i hope someone can clarify about this.

To add to the confusion: mine always says A0 when rebooting or cold booting, but when returning from sleep it says 30 (I have my PC on 24/7 and just set it to sleep when not in use).

I think A0, 00 and 30 are all mighty fine Q-codes. 🙂

EDIT: I am still on BIOS 811.