cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to close ALL RGB on ROG Maximus Z790 Hero when OFF?

Oak-Leaves
Level 7

Is there a way to close ALL RGB on ROG Maximus Z790 Hero when OFF? I find the light annoying at night when my PC is OFF. I would like to close ALL RGB. Tried to find a setting in the BIOS to no avail...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kvarq
Level 11

I wouldn't install Crate, actually I would recommend installing as less utilities as possible, only if these are needed

Can be turned off in bios:

Advanced\Onboard devices configuration
Led Lightning -> when system is in sleep etc -> OFF

led.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JohnAb
Level 17

Did you try the Aura settings in BIOS? look at the very top bar. I think you will have that option. I have never tried to turn that off, but it might do the trick for you. If that fails, install Armoury crate and turn off the motherboard lighting there. I'd be surprised if one of those doesn't work. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

kvarq
Level 11

I wouldn't install Crate, actually I would recommend installing as less utilities as possible, only if these are needed

Can be turned off in bios:

Advanced\Onboard devices configuration
Led Lightning -> when system is in sleep etc -> OFF

led.png

Hi! Thanks for the info. I only have the first two options in my BIOS i.e. I don't have the "When the system is sleep ...." option. I've updated to the latest BIOS (1202) but it's still missing - does anyone have any idea why this option might be missing on mine?! Thanks!

mieszkotoja@gmail.com its my email write me there i will send you my bios settings and if you need more help like setting all services in windows and apps i can help you ...

drop4205
Level 12

would just aura sync stand alone version 1.07.84_V2 work on these boards as that would allow it to shut off rgb at shutdown.  

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

cygan
Level 7

yes install armoury crate find   settings from mainboard leds and turn off u can also make rgb fan leds darker 

and after uninstall  ..settings stay same i think ...

Shinchan0125
Level 10

Screenshot 2023-07-26 071907.png

Change this to all Off.  It works for my Z790 hero.

I didnt install any Amoury Crate.  Just bios setting would to the trick.