cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use iCue along with Asus Armoury Crate?

sblantipodi
Level 9
Hi all,
I would like to use Corsair iCue along with Asus Armoury Crate.

I need iCue for all my corsair peripherals and crate to sync the RGB of my motherboard with icue.
I need crate for controlling the OLED that is on my motherboard.

Both software does not work well togheter.
If I have crate installed, icue have weird behaviour on PC startup, I need to run crate on startup and then manually start icue after crate to make it working.

If I start iCue after crate manually, things improves a bit but weird behaviours continue to happen from time to time.
To make it 100% work I need to run crate OR icue but not both.

Will Asus and Corsair ever solves all the problems they have between the two software?
9 REPLIES 9

world
Hey sblantipodi,

Could you explain a bit what kind of weird behaviors you're getting when you run both programs?

I have both programs running on my computer and I haven't had any issues with it

world wrote:
Hey sblantipodi,

Could you explain a bit what kind of weird behaviors you're getting when you run both programs?

I have both programs running on my computer and I haven't had any issues with it

if I have both programs running,
when the PC start, iCue stops recognizing some RAM modules randomly and I need to close and restart icue to make it working again.

Sometimes I need to restart the PC to make it working again.

If icue is started before armoury crate, I can see my LEDs stuttering for some seconds when crate starts.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
This is what did to resolve my issues awhile back.
I use Icue and AC too.

https://youtu.be/ZDBkP_qRa9U
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
This is what did to resolve my issues awhile back.
I use Icue and AC too.

https://youtu.be/ZDBkP_qRa9U

I have spd write enabled in BIOS.
the problem is that Armoury Crate makes icue freeze.

I think you'll find that the ASUS plugin is causing issues. I have the plugin disabled (actually I think I deleted it) as I was finding RAM RGB would lock up (all the time) as well as the ARGB headers (some of the time). I've got all my RGB controlled via ICUE (barring the AmiMe Matrix panel) and my GPU isn't ASUS so I'm not missing out.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Try not enableing both programs to stsrt up when you boot your pc on. Start them up after you boot up, couple of seconds, thats what I have always done??
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Try not enableing both programs to stsrt up when you boot your pc on. Start them up after you boot up, couple of seconds, thats what I have always done??

Yes I have used the windows scheduler to delay the iCue start on boot and it solved the problem I have on boot.

What a great collaboration we have from Asus and Corsair

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
It's a case of different applications fighting for control. Might be worth checking in with Corsair.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have both installed and both are working fine. I control a couple of small fans connected directly to my motherboard with Armoury Crate and then all other RGB fans are controlled with iCue and a couple of Corsair Commander units. I've had no issues at all. Every system is different, but my own experience suggests that it is possible, yes.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.