cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel I225V(3) + Windows 11 Task Manager..

Xtracker
Level 8
Hey ROG Forums users and admins..

I have problem about 1year?or more i know its not priotize thing of fix issue by micrososft/Asus
but in TaskManager Network Usage is wrong value wrong report (where is CPU/RAM/DISK/NETWORK table with processes.
I have 1Gb/s connection on task manager says about 500Mb/s

Is there any fix for that... ?

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

Murph_9000
Level 14
Where are you seeing that in Task Manager? The network interfaces on the Performance tab auto-scale to the bandwidth used, not the bandwidth available; i.e. they just show an upper limit that's a little higher than what they have seen in use. It automatically scales back down, after previous activity has scrolled off the graph.

Saltgrass
Level 13
You may want to clarify your question, but Task Manager gives the actual speed transfer rate. Not all files transfer at that rate.

If you look at Settings and check the properties for that network, it will show a link speed. it should say 1 Gbps or higher if it is connected to a faster port.

You can also check the lights next to the Ethernet port. One will be flashing and the other steady. The steady one gives the speed of that connection and those are identified in your owner's manual. Possibly orange means the fastest speed of which that port is capable.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You may want to clarify your question, but Task Manager gives the actual speed transfer rate. Not all files transfer at that rate.

If you look at Settings and check the properties for that network, it will show a link speed. it should say 1 Gbps or higher if it is connected to a faster port.

You can also check the lights next to the Ethernet port. One will be flashing and the other steady. The steady one gives the speed of that connection and those are identified in your owner's manual. Possibly orange means the fastest speed of which that port is capable.

There IS 1Gb/s link speed but in TASK manager on download speed for ex. speed test shows 940Mb/s but in task manager says 0Mb/s or 500Mb/s

ahfoo
Level 13
Xtracker wrote:
Hey ROG Forums users and admins..

I have problem about 1year?or more i know its not priotize thing of fix issue by micrososft/Asus
but in TaskManager Network Usage is wrong value wrong report (where is CPU/RAM/DISK/NETWORK table with processes.
I have 1Gb/s connection on task manager says about 500Mb/s

Is there any fix for that... ?

Regards

Connected speed and download speed are two different issue. To check your connected speed to your router/nods/mesh, go to your network work adaptor properties pages and check for the status. This is the easier method. To check your download speed, you need a third party apps/software or you any tools provided by OS.

There is issue ...
I have 100% guarantee 940Mb/s every day pretty much but testing on steam epic games gog or google chrome displays wrong download speed.