cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel chipset v10.1.19444.8378 problem after installation

Sacman
Level 7

Hi!

I have an issue installing Intel chipset v10.1.19444.8378 drivers on my ROG Maximus Z790 Hero.

The drivers were installed sucessfully and i rebooted the system as suggested.

But when checking the device manager the old drivers v10.1.46.3 are still present.

There is the following  information:

Device "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A23&SUBSYS_88821043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&FC" requires further installation.

What does this message mean?

Many thanks for any support!

10 REPLIES 10

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi,

- Follow this process to cleanup :

- Uninstall your current Intel Chipset Drivers package if you have any installed (via Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.
- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of Intel drivers which .inf contains system word in the System device category (if you find them).
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC.

- Install last Intel Chipset Drivers package from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx).

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback but i am not sure about

Check the boxes of all versions of Intel drivers which .inf contains system word in the System device category 

Do i need to search for driver version inf files with 10.1.19444.8378?

I don't want to select something wrong ... can you describe it better?

Please show me a full screenshot of your Driver Store Explorer (to launch as admin) - System device category.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 211538.png

MoKiChU
Level 40

- Check the boxes of .inf with red dot :

zsr4Sfd

- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC.
- Install last Intel Chipset Drivers package from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx).

Once done, if you are looking for the package version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, you can simply see it via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from INTEL. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

interesting... let me try alsoi

Learn, Play Enjoy!

Hi!

I did all you suggested and there was no issue during the installation process.

After reboot i checked Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software and it says Version 10.1.19444.8378

But now there is another message in properties of Intel(R) SMBus - 7A23:

Device \VEN_8086&DEV_7A23&SUBSYS_88821043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&FC requires further installation.

DriverStoreExplorer still shows two raptorlake inf's with system in the name.

Please see attached screenshots.

Thanks!Screenshot 2023-04-06 061705.pngScreenshot 2023-04-06 061638.pngScreenshot 2023-04-06 061557.pngScreenshot 2023-04-06 061419.png

Hi,

Everything is OK, please do not look for issues where there are none.

If you want to check your devices status in the devices Properties of any devices in Devices Manager, you have to check in the main General tab - Device status and not in the Events tab, but the Intel Chipset Drivers are called drivers but they are not really drivers, they have nothing functional/active, they just serve to recognize the product names in Device Manager to identify/index all the pieces of the chipset, but Intel Chipset Drivers conflicts can generate system malfunction. So henceforward, to avoid Intel Chipset Drivers conflicts, if you use .exe installer, don't install any Intel Chipset Drivers from Windows Update - Optional updates.

I've deleted the same files that you listed with a red dot then rebooted. Installed the chipset driver rebooted but the same files remain. I can see the updated chipset install in settings/applications but the mb seams to revert back to the same old red dot files.