cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel APO Now Available for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs

IT_Troll
Level 10

It looks like the latest APO release now includes the Advanced Mode which enables this performance enhancing feature for 12th and 13th gen processors. It is not entirely clear which CPU models this includes. Historically, official full support has only included 14th gen i7 and i9.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000098240/processors.html

You need to have the DTT driver installed and the corresponding option enabled in BIOS. Which on ASUS motherboards is usually at:

Advanced > Thermal Configuration > Intel(R) Dynamic Tuning Technology Configuration

The latest driver can be found in the following link. At time of writing it appears that only 13th gen is working. Hopefully 12th gen will be added in a future driver release.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/downloads-for-motherboards/drivers-intel-dtt-gna-5xx-6xx-7xx/td-p/9058...

I've not tried yet. Sadly, none of the games listed are ones I am playing at the moment.

I would have replied to the existing post announcing this but it has been locked for no good reason. 🙄

52 REPLIES 52

Yen2017
Level 7

i still have not got the bios update for dtt advanced mode and intel apo still showing update message without actual update 

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/downloads-for-motherboards/drivers-intel-dtt-gna-5xx-6xx-7xx/td-p/9058... the latest update theres not much point in updating it until a working version is realised.

Jimbo007
Level 7

Wait till Intel DDT Version 9.0.11405.42569 is released. This is the one to work with the new APO update in advanced mode, any earlier versions will not work with 12th / 13th Gen CPUs. 

9.0.11405.42569? the latest currently available is:

9.0.11405.42569 (according to an Intel rep on reddit) is the latest version Intel supports with APO on 12-13th and 14900KS. The version you are talking about is not official from intel apparently/or does not have the new 14900KS or 12-13th gen whitelisted. Asus needs to get off their rears and provide the update already! The app literally tells us to get the driver from our motherboard support page, but none of these companies are providing the update. Inexcusable support. 

Panzerwaffe
Level 7

Updated DTT driver fixed the issue.

For ASRock but works fine on my Asus Strix Z690 and Intel 14700K and ASRock boards.

DTT DRIVER ASUS.jpg

lecamille
Level 8

Thanks for the link that make apo works with 13700k !

I have read that i could try apo for non supported games, but "Advanced Mode" doesn't give my the possibility to do anything than just check individual games in a list, not adding anything.
Am i missing something or will it be possible in a future update maybe?

@lecamille wrote:

I have read that i could try apo for non supported games, but "Advanced Mode" doesn't give my the possibility to do anything than just check individual games in a list, not adding anything.
Am i missing something or will it be possible in a future update maybe?

I believe Advanced Mode enables the feature for both CPUs and games which haven't been validated.

Users may choose to switch on the Advanced Mode of Intel Application Optimization to unlock enhanced support for a broader range of games, optimized for specific system configurations. Keep in mind, performance outcomes may differ and unexpected changes could arise. Don't worry, you can easily revert to regular system behavior by turning off Intel Application Optimization, either globally or for individual applications

i think it is just to disable a specific game instead of disabling every supported game at once.

Using fps monitoring, there is no difference in Diablo and Counter-Strike, the only 2 games i have tested.