cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've changed from 12900k to a 13900k Z690E and I'm having issues, please help

PSYKOnz
Level 9
Hi there, like the title says I've swapped CPUs on my Maximus z690 Extreme, all I've changed is the CPU, everything else is identical, now I'm getting system servise exception BSODs I've followed every step dicm/sfc etc and getting nowhere

Before the CPU swap I updated the ME to Version 16.1.25.2020

And updated the bios to

Started with everything default then turned off the enhanced multicore thing, turned on the power state thing and enabled the duel GPU/CPU video output

I also ran a memtest 86 immediately after enabling XMP1, it passed no trouble

What's weird is that during my trouble shooting there came a point when the PC just locked up, I had to hold the power switch to recover it, after re booting I did a chkdsk, rebooted again so it could happen then the next time I logged in there was a strange stutter every couple of seconds

Another reboot fixed that, but I'm really lost as to what is going on

What am I missing here?

The PC was incredibly stable before I switchd the CPUs now it seems that it's unstable as anything

Willing to try anything

Please help, I really need it
12 REPLIES 12

TL_Gamer
Level 8
PSYKOnz wrote:
Hi there, like the title says I've swapped CPUs on my Maximus z690 Extreme, all I've changed is the CPU, everything else is identical, now I'm getting system servise exception BSODs I've followed every step dicm/sfc etc and getting nowhere

Before the CPU swap I updated the ME to Version 16.1.25.2020

And updated the bios to

Started with everything default then turned off the enhanced multicore thing, turned on the power state thing and enabled the duel GPU/CPU video output

I also ran a memtest 86 immediately after enabling XMP1, it passed no trouble

What's weird is that during my trouble shooting there came a point when the PC just locked up, I had to hold the power switch to recover it, after re booting I did a chkdsk, rebooted again so it could happen then the next time I logged in there was a strange stutter every couple of seconds

Another reboot fixed that, but I'm really lost as to what is going on

What am I missing here?

The PC was incredibly stable before I switchd the CPUs now it seems that it's unstable as anything

Willing to try anything

Please help, I really need it

I'm going to throw this out there, in case you didn't know, the 13900k requires a minimal of 5400MHz-5600MHz Ram in order to run properly.

PSYKOnz
Level 9
Very good to know, the RAM i am running is 6000MHz, so that should be enough right?

IT_Troll
Level 10
Well officially Intel say "Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s". That is the official maximum (not the minimum). It will of course run properly with speeds a bit below or above this. 6000MHz should be perfectly fine.