cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help XMP PROFILE PROBLEM

Deooooore
Level 7
Hello Everybody,

i hope anyone can help me out with my problem with new hardware.

I builded a new PC with

- Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI Z790
- 4x Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 -32 (in total 64 GB)
- Intel Core i9-13900K

Now to the problem:

If i activate XMP profile and start a Memtest over the Bios, i get several errors.
I Updated Bios to latest Version / other Drivers and dont know how to fix this.

Actually i just deactivated the XMP Profile. I dont get any error when XMP isnt activated.
I dont want to use just 4800 MHZ when i bough 2 RAM Kits with 6200 MHZ.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Asus Hotline told me they just Support 2x 16 GB RAM and not 4x 16 GB.

Best regards

Denis
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Mixing and combining memory kits is not recommended or supported by the motherboard and memory vendors. You will need to remove one of the kits or return both and purchase a single kit present on the motherboard's Memory QVL
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

axiumone
Level 11
Good luck. Asus memory training algo sucks. I went through a long period trying to get 64GB (16GB x 4) working. It never did properly. It makes absolutely zero difference whether you get a "mixed" kit or a legit 4 stick kit, the issues are exactly the same. I've tried both. The most frustrating thing is if you need at least 64GB, even 2x32GB kits (which is what I ended up with) don't work reliably regardless of how much you tweak the voltages.

axiumone wrote:
Good luck. Asus memory training algo sucks. I went through a long period trying to get 64GB (16GB x 4) working. It never did properly. It makes absolutely zero difference whether you get a "mixed" kit or a legit 4 stick kit, the issues are exactly the same. I've tried both. The most frustrating thing is if you need at least 64GB, even 2x32GB kits (which is what I ended up with) don't work reliably regardless of how much you tweak the voltages.

thats really sad and makes me angry to hear. Sorry for you too! 😞

vkakou
Level 7

I have the same problem with my Asus TUF z790 d4 and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 128GB DDR4 RAM at 3200mhz and 13900K.

After random blue screens, I run the windows memory diagnostic tool and memtest86 and found many memory errors. I thought my memory sticks were defective but then I ran memetest86 with XMP disabled and it passed.

DanyB
Level 8

It's not because the MB have 4 slot that you can fill them with 4 stick with a kit made for 2 stick and work at xmp speed. This kit is designed for 2 stick only. If you want 64GB, look at MB qvl list and look for supported 64GB kit. You have 2 32GB kit, not a 64GB kit.

But i understand your frustration. I have a 32GB kit 2x16GB stick, on the qvl, listed at 7600MT and it's not stable. Had to lower the frequency. 13th gen is very sensitive to ram speed, and DDR5 speed went up faster than MB compatibility and the sensitive memory controller of 13th gen.