cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

games crashing when xmp is on

jontrd
Level 7

Hello Everyone,
I need support please. When I play games after 10/20/30min they crashing and I come back in windows desktop.
I am searching for hours and days and I don’t know what to do.
My Specs:
Asus Z790 Maximus Dark Hero BIOS Version 1102
Intel i9-14900KF
G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6400 Kit F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK
Lian Li Galahad 2 LCD AIO
Asus Strix RTX 4090 OC
Power Supply Be Quiet Dark Power 12 1500Watt
Windows 11 Home – Up to date and done a clean installation
Nvidia Drives – Up to date
General Drivers – Armoury Crate – Everything up to date

BIOS Standard – NO AI Overclocking
RAM Memory Settings:

XMP 1 – Asus Optimized

Fails in AIDA 64

Fails in Memtest86

After 10/15/20/30 min playing games crashing

XMP 2 – Default Factory:

Fails in AIDA 64

Fails in Memtest86

NO XMP

Pass in AIDA 64

Pass in Memtest86

Playing games, no problem

Conclussion: with NO XMP and everything is stable..
What do I wrong or what I have to do please to have a stable pc on 6400?
Are the settings like timings of the memory wrong in the bios?

I have sended a mail to Asus support a to be short: you will know their answer and i have to set i to default stock settings.
The same mail to G.Skill and have received a short quick answer please contact rma for a request.

Thank you verry much for your advice.

Greetings,

Jon

11 REPLIES 11

dennys2009
Level 9

Привет!

Обновите BIOS материнской платы до последней версии (1202) и посмотрите, улучшит ли это стабильность.

kavencsteve
Level 8

@jontrd wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I need support please. When I play games after 10/20/30min they crashing and I come back in windows desktop.
I am searching for hours and days and I don’t know what to do.
My Specs:
Asus Z790 Maximus Dark Hero BIOS Version 1102
Intel i9-14900KF
G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6400 Kit F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK
Lian Li Galahad 2 LCD AIO
Asus Strix RTX 4090 OC
Power Supply Be Quiet Dark Power 12 1500Watt
Windows 11 Home – Up to date and done a clean installation for Telefonansagen konfigurieren
Nvidia Drives – Up to date
General Drivers – Armoury Crate – Everything up to date

BIOS Standard – NO AI Overclocking
RAM Memory Settings:

XMP 1 – Asus Optimized

Fails in AIDA 64

Fails in Memtest86

XMP 2 – Default Factory:

Fails in AIDA 64

Fails in Memtest86

NO XMP

Pass in AIDA 64

Pass in Memtest86

Playing games, no problem

Conclussion: with NO XMP and everything is stable..
What do I wrong or what I have to do please to have a stable pc on 6400?
Are the settings like timings of the memory wrong in the bios?

I have sended a mail to Asus support a to be short: you will know their answer and i have to set i to default stock settings.
The same mail to G.Skill and have received a short quick answer please contact rma for a request.

Thank you verry much for your advice.

Greetings,

Jon

, it appears that enabling XMP profiles on your RAM is causing instability, leading to crashes during gaming sessions. Here are a few suggestions to address the issue:

1. Check RAM Compatibility: Ensure that your RAM modules are compatible with your motherboard and CPU. Sometimes, certain combinations of components can lead to compatibility issues, especially with newer technologies like DDR5.

2. Manually Adjust RAM Settings: Instead of relying on XMP profiles, try manually adjusting the RAM settings in the BIOS. Start with conservative values for timings and voltages, then gradually increase them until stability is achieved. Pay attention to the recommended settings provided by the RAM manufacturer.

3. Update BIOS and Drivers: Make sure that your BIOS and all drivers, including those for your motherboard, CPU, GPU, and peripherals, are up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can improve stability and compatibility with new hardware.

4. Monitor System Temperatures: Overheating can also cause instability and crashes. Use monitoring software to check the temperatures of your CPU, GPU, and other components during gaming sessions. Ensure that cooling solutions are adequate and that airflow within your case is optimized.

5. Test Individual Components: If the issue persists, consider testing individual components for faults. This includes the CPU, GPU, RAM modules, and power supply. Faulty hardware can sometimes manifest as stability issues during intensive tasks like gaming.

6. Seek Manufacturer Support: Since you've already reached out to Asus and G.Skill support, continue to follow up with them for further assistance. They may provide specific guidance or offer replacement parts if necessary.

In summary, focus on manually configuring RAM settings, ensuring compatibility, updating firmware and drivers, monitoring temperatures, testing components, and seeking support from manufacturers. By systematically addressing each potential cause of instability, you can hopefully resolve the crashing issue and enjoy stable gaming sessions on your PC.