cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme + NVMe m2.2 Update bios 0811 to 1003 or 1101 impossible

Ghoosti
Level 7
Hello,
Having problems with my Gskill 6000 or Corsair 6200 memory, I try to update my bios but it fails. POST ERROR message (d6)
I noticed that the d6 appears after the DETECT HDD post, the ssd is a Samsung 980PRO SSD on M2.2.

Do you know why this is happening. 😞

Thanks for your help and advice
321 Views
41 REPLIES 41

Only solution I see at the moment is to go back to previous bios..Â*

Revollucion wrote:
I am at work. Cant do anything for 8 hours.. i was able to boot to screen with F1 to continue to bios afterwards. But thats it.. after save and restart noo boot


Yes me too 1 in M2-2 and 1 in M2-3
2x Samsung 980PRO

yes I am currently shooting in 0811

Ghoosti wrote:
Yes me too 1 in M2-2 and 1 in M2-3
2x Samsung 980PRO

yes I am currently shooting in 0811


report back

Revollucion wrote:
report back


yes i came back 0811 😞

Ghoosti wrote:
yes i came back 0811 😞


and is it working again as before? Maybe something to do with RAM?Â*

Revollucion wrote:
and is it working again as before? Maybe something to do with RAM?Â*


Yes it works
The RAM may be but before I had GSKILL 6000 QVL and it was the same, my supplier exchanged it for me against the Corsair 6200 but which is not yet QVL ...

Ghoosti wrote:
Yes it works
The RAM may be but before I had GSKILL 6000 QVL and it was the same, my supplier exchanged it for me against the Corsair 6200 but which is not yet QVL ...


i have exact same ram.. corsair 6200 cl36

So what speed u running it now? Xmp1 or 2 works? *So when I get home.. how to put back old bios? There is some features in bios to revert back? Or have to download older pn my stick and flash it?

Revollucion wrote:
i have exact same ram.. corsair 6200 cl36

So what speed u running it now? Xmp1 or 2 works? *So when I get home.. how to put back old bios? There is some features in bios to revert back? Or have to download older pn my stick and flash it?


I use XMP1 BUT I restrict it to 5800 Mhz because + I have errors in MemTest86 (bios).
I had the same problem with my GSKILL 6000 so I don't think it was RAM.

Yes there is a second bios in troubleshooting BUT I don't use it.
I put the bios 0811 on a USB key, ATTENTION it must be formatted in FAT32 and (MBR, I believe).
Insert it into the USB BIOS port on the back of the card
The card must be powered
Press the FLASCBACH button ~ 5sec (1st button on the back of the card)
On the OLED screen STAGE 1 flashes
Release the button
STAGE 2 will appear followed by STAGE 3
WAIT for the message "UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY"
Restart PC
I arrive on 0811

I hope this will help you

Ok managed to go back to same bios. Thank you

I'm finally on bios 1101! 😮

It's a crazy story, let me explain:
I have Corsair Led lighting (iCUE LS100) behind my screen, and by deactivating it, the bios 1101 is gone!!! for the 1st time!

I haven't changed anything in my config! I've been trying for days...

If it can help any of you.... :cool: