cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme + NVMe m2.2 Update bios 0811 to 1003 or 1101 impossible

Ghoosti
Level 7
Hello,
Having problems with my Gskill 6000 or Corsair 6200 memory, I try to update my bios but it fails. POST ERROR message (d6)
I noticed that the d6 appears after the DETECT HDD post, the ssd is a Samsung 980PRO SSD on M2.2.

Do you know why this is happening. 😞

Thanks for your help and advice
41 REPLIES 41

Jimbo93 wrote:
and just one more thing, you saw the name of the bios file should be made to MZ690E.CAP using the BIOSRenamer. This is per the 1003 information same link you have above.

Yes I rename it well with BIOSRenamer

Nate152
With Ghoosti's d6 error situation, he might want to try updating the bios at default settings.

Nate152 wrote:
With Ghoosti's d6 error situation, he might want to try updating the bios at default settings.

that's what I do

that's what I do
1. In the 0811 + f5 + reboot + PC shutdown
2. Flash Bak with the 1101 renamed to .cap, starting the PC, at the end of the post I have POST ERRPOR (d6)

Nate152
According to this, code d6 is a gpu related error, but I find it strange you get code d6 with just two bios versions.

Are you sure it's code d6 and not db? Code d6 will have a line across the top of the 6.

Nate152 wrote:
According to this, code d6 is a gpu related error, but I find it strange you get code d6 with just two bios versions.

Are you sure it's code d6 and not db? Code d6 will have a line across the top of the 6.

Now that you point it out, I don't think I saw a bar above 6.

The message appears after the post DETECT HDD

I see that if it is indeed d6, in the manual it would be "No console output device was found"?

Can u try plug your monitor hdmi cable and on motherboard Gpu.. and try if its boot? I have same issue same motherboard..

Revollucion wrote:
Can u try plug your monitor hdmi cable and on motherboard Gpu.. and try if its boot? I have same issue same motherboard..

My processor is a 12900KF without a graphics card, I wouldn't be able to test this manipulation.
On my system I tried, another DP cable, in HDMI and another screen, it's always the same thing.
Seeing your message reassures me that I am not the only one in the case, another acquaintance also has the same problem as us.

Revollucion wrote:

Do you also have an NVMe on port M2-2?

Ghoosti wrote:
Do you also have an NVMe on port M2-2?

yes. Nvme with system and another one in m2.3

I am at work. Cant do anything for 8 hours.. i was able to boot to screen with F1 to continue to bios afterwards. But thats it.. after save and restart noo boot