cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme + NVMe m2.2 Update bios 0811 to 1003 or 1101 impossible

Ghoosti
Level 7
Hello,
Having problems with my Gskill 6000 or Corsair 6200 memory, I try to update my bios but it fails. POST ERROR message (d6)
I noticed that the d6 appears after the DETECT HDD post, the ssd is a Samsung 980PRO SSD on M2.2.

Do you know why this is happening. 😞

Thanks for your help and advice
41 REPLIES 41

Jimbo93
Level 12
Ghoosti wrote:
Hello,
Having problems with my Gskill 6000 or Corsair 6200 memory, I try to update my bios but it fails. POST ERROR message (d6)
I noticed that the d6 appears after the DETECT HDD post, the ssd is a Samsung 980PRO SSD on M2.2.

Do you know why this is happening. 😞

Thanks for your help and advice

One of the forum regulars had a solid procedure for bios update. Let me see if I can find it. Edit: Finding the exact post is hopeless lol. Maybe the procedure I was thinking about was using the Crashfree or flash back method. from the motherboard manual. But I dont have a recommendation right now.

Jimbo93 wrote:
One of the forum regulars had a solid procedure for bios update. Let me see if I can find it. Edit: Finding the exact post is hopeless lol. Maybe the procedure I was thinking about was using the Crashfree or flash back method. from the motherboard manual. But I dont have a recommendation right now.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

Owners of a Maximus Z690 Extreme, can you update your bios to 1101?

I ask the question because if you succeed, I will return my card in RMA. :fou:

Thank you for your information :RÉ

rjbarker
Level 11
^^^^ I always flash bios using thumbrive with .cap file (bios) and EZFlash on motherboard....works everytime.
Dont even have to boot up up pc doing it this way.

rjbarker wrote:
^^^^ I always flash bios using thumbrive with .cap file (bios) and EZFlash on motherboard....works everytime.
Dont even have to boot up up pc doing it this way.

Yes I thought it was you who used a method like that. So does it matter which usb port? And the exact motherboard does that matter? You are saying that when the system powers up it just starts the flash without bios/UEFI coming up, and that is because of how the file on the usb flash drive is named. Only thing he has to do is make sure flash drive is FAT format and correct file name. Would this work on my board? 🙂

Prime B560M-A AC 🙂

Nate152
Hey Jimbo93

The higher end motherboards have bios flash back, I see your motherboard has EZ flash 3.

Follow the steps to update your bios.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey Jimbo93

The higher end motherboards have bios flash back, I see your motherboard has EZ flash 3.

Follow the steps to update your bios.

hi Nate,
Yes I saw that mine did not have flash back. It does have another feature called crash free that seemed similar when I read about it.

Nate152
I think rjbarker meant bios flash back as you can update the bios with just power to the motherboard.

With EZ flash 3, you have to enter the bios and go to the tool tab.

Nate152 wrote:
I think rjbarker meant bios flash back as you can update the bios with just power to the motherboard.

With EZ flash 3, you have to enter the bios and go to the tool tab.

Yes, but this part from my mobo manual looks like same as flash back