cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual start on the Z790 motherboard - asus rog hero (0703)

awdawdasdawd
Level 8
Hello, I have a problem. Assembled an assembly with the following composition:
- 13900kf
- z790 asus rog hero
- 4090 gigabyte
- delta gddr5 5600 (16gb)

At startup, the mother starts for a long time, the cooler of the case first unwinds, then stops completely and the normal start of the system begins. Is this normal - or is there some kind of problem? Has anyone encountered?
9 REPLIES 9

JohnAb
Level 17
Have you installed all drivers, including Intel ME windows drivers and firmware? I have heard of slow POST times when there is a memory issue, so install all drivers, set BIOS to defaults (for now) and see if that helps...
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Have you installed all drivers, including Intel ME windows drivers and firmware? I have heard of slow POST times when there is a memory issue, so install all drivers, set BIOS to defaults (for now) and see if that helps...

The bios is installed in the latest version, and Intel ME did not install the driver separately! I installed a new bios and installed drivers from a USB flash drive. The branded application also does not show that there are updates! Bios to default - does it mean to disable all settings? If yes, then I tested it - there is a problem! Now only the Xmp profile for dd5 is exposed. If you want, I can record a video to show you what it looks like.

JohnAb
Level 17
I have to go to bed soon, but a video might help. I suggest that you go to the motherboard support page and download every driver and firmware update. That will make sure that you have all of the latest versions. It sounds as if you can boot into Windows at least, so that is good. Take it slowly and hopefully the startup delay will be resolved... I do not have the 790 board, but I will try to make some helpful suggestions...

If you are using the drivers on the USB stick, some of those might be out of date.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
I have to go to bed soon, but a video might help. I suggest that you go to the motherboard support page and download every driver and firmware update. That will make sure that you have all of the latest versions. It sounds as if you can boot into Windows at least, so that is good. Take it slowly and hopefully the startup delay will be resolved... I do not have the 790 board, but I will try to make some helpful suggestions...

If you are using the drivers on the USB stick, some of those might be out of date.

All drivers are updated now. The problem remains! I can also add that when you turn on the computer with a button, the case fans start working, then stop - and then they start working again and the computer starts running. At this time - the monitor also does not work, only after restarting the coolers - an image with the motherboard logo appears! We tried to disconnect the cooler and see what would happen with the launch - the launch time did not change, that is, as if it was the mother. They say this is the problem of all ASUS mothers

JohnAb
Level 17
It might help to provide the time it takes to start up. Then other people with 790 boards can see how that compares.

I have the 690 Hero which takes about 35 seconds until it gets to code A0 on the LED display. By 43 seconds it reaches the Windows login screen.

JohnAb wrote:
It might help to provide the time it takes to start up. Then other people with 790 boards can see how that compares.

I have the 690 Hero which takes about 35 seconds until it gets to code A0 on the LED display. By 43 seconds it reaches the Windows login screen.

well, I have Windows running in about 40-50 seconds from the moment I press the power button

JohnAb
Level 17
OK, well that doesn't seem too crazy based on my own experience. So going back to your original question, I think that it's normal and nothing to worry about. I can also hear fans spinning up and slowing down when my PC starts. I can't comment on the CPU fan as I have an AOI that makes very little noise and I can't say which other fans speed up and slow down without looking very carefully, but again I think this is normal and all part of the ASUS POST process. No two systems are going to be exactly the same.

If everything is working in Windows OK then I think you're all good. It's also normal for many monitors to turn on after a while because they are searching for a signal. My main monitor takes a while to sort itself out as well.

JohnAb wrote:
OK, well that doesn't seem too crazy based on my own experience. So going back to your original question, I think that it's normal and nothing to worry about. I can also hear fans spinning up and slowing down when my PC starts. I can't comment on the CPU fan as I have an AOI that makes very little noise and I can't say which other fans speed up and slow down without looking very carefully, but again I think this is normal and all part of the ASUS POST process. No two systems are going to be exactly the same.

If everything is working in Windows OK then I think you're all good. It's also normal for many monitors to turn on after a while because they are searching for a signal. My main monitor takes a while to sort itself out as well.

ok tnx

rodrigobrim
Level 7

My setup has the same behavior. Two boots for every boot is not normal. Not only the fans stop. I can hear the "click" that came from PSU indicating the shutdown between the two weird stages.

• I9 13900kf
  • 32gb 6ghz XMP
  • Suprim Liquid 4090
  • Z790 hero