cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
815 REPLIES 815

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

I remind you that I do not work for ASUS (everything I do for the ASUS ROG community is out of passion, on a voluntary basis) and I do not replace ASUS Support :

- If you have an issue that occurring with the last audio drivers from your motherboard support page (and therefore that it is not specific to the last audio drivers that I offer) : Contact ASUS Support and/or open a new thread in this ROG Care category : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support - Gaming Motherboards.
- If you have an issue that didn't occurring with the last audio drivers from your motherboard support page : CLEANUP process then install/use the last audio drivers package from your motherboard support page.

I never blaimed you my friend, like I said, I'm thinking it's a HW issue requiring RMA.

Thank you for the hard work you do ❤️

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11

yes thank you for all the driver down loads and work put in to make our lives better 

Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

Swiso
Level 9

Hi MoKiChU,

I am having problems installing the latest Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) ( I have a Zenith II Extreme Alpha MB).

I did followed a couple of times, precisely, the procedure you describe, and yes, I cleaned as you recommended.

The problem is that the Realtek Audio Control App don't install; in the App store, it report an error when downloading, Code: 0x803FB005.

Checking in the Startup section of Task Manager ( and in "Services"), there are no Realtek files anywhere, none. (the  RtkAudUService file is not there)

Like if the drivers are not installed.

Any idea why and how I can solve this issues ?

Thank you.

Swiso
Level 9

Hi MoKiChU,

I understand, and before asking for help in the link you gave me, I just would like to ask one thing:

Can I install, following your detailed procedure, your latest updated drivers, in a new fresh install of Windows 10? do you believe that they will install without any problem ? 

EDIT: after a clean install of W10, disconnected from the net on purpose, I followed your procedure:

Cleaning: there was no inf drivers of the ones you say to check.

Same with SS3 cleaner. Nothing found.

Launcher "Install.bat" by right clicking.

After restare, same situation as before.

HD audio is enabled in BIOS.

I am out of ideas.

Thanks.

ksenchy
Level 10

So you are telling me Asus has this mic leakage problem for 3 generations and nobody from their quality assurance noticed it? 🥇

CasperSC16
Level 8

Indeed, you can perform a test with any game that you use to communicate, with Discord without using its own filters or simply with the Windows voice recorder, and listen to a song when it is recording your voice then it wiled that filters into the microphone, I have tested both with independent microphones and with headphones and microphone, the result is the same. I don't know if this problem is general to other manufacturers with this same audio chip ALC4080/2 and the ALC S1220 or is it only from Asus with some details in the isolation of the analog-digital output and input ports

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent & Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Drivers have been updated for this drivers package :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2369 WHQL [22/09/2023]

Thread, post & drivers package updated.

Is there a changelog anywhere for these Realtek USB Drivers?  I'm always hesitant to update because it such a process and ruins something half the time and for what?

Is the audio improved at all?

mikkeyyy
Level 7

Hi Mokichu,

I have a x670e-i and am having issu

es with audio (specifically mic). is this the correct set of drivers? (fi not can you point me in the right direction)

for reference cpu is AMD 7 7800x3d, mobo software features snippet below:

mikkeyyy_0-1703581418651.png

Thank you in advance!!!